Are Drawn Thumbnails a Good Thing?

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
your channel and thumbnails look super cohesive, and the drawings are actually really funny. plus, you make the text bold enough that the drawings add to them instead of taking away from them so it's easy to see what's going on. honestly some of the best branding i've ever seen, i especially love the marshmallow hahah. i say keep doing what you're doing!

Reactions: UnfamousHero

WIT Thinks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I only have a few videos up at the minute and I just selected the beginning clip from the video as the thumbnail. I think they look nice, however for our last video I decided to draw a custom thumbnail, and will continue to do so in order to see if there is any difference. It's worth experimenting in my opinion, but we are new to this :)

UnfamousHero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I only have a few videos up at the minute and I just selected the beginning clip from the video as the thumbnail. I think they look nice, however for our last video I decided to draw a custom thumbnail, and will continue to do so in order to see if there is any difference. It's worth experimenting in my opinion, but we are new to this :)
Good idea man! Looks good! Keep doing it! :][DOUBLEPOST=1476886654,1476885759][/DOUBLEPOST]
your channel and thumbnails look super cohesive, and the drawings are actually really funny. plus, you make the text bold enough that the drawings add to them instead of taking away from them so it's easy to see what's going on. honestly some of the best branding i've ever seen, i especially love the marshmallow hahah. i say keep doing what you're doing!
Thank you for the kind words! Simply boosted my motivation. lol :]

Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not too long ago I decided to brand my own channel in a way of drawing my own thumbnails. I thought it would be able to stand out from others and it's been a couple of months since doing this. Now I come here to ask any of you YouTubers if Drawn Thumbnails are a good thing to use on videos. Thanks in advance! :]
I don't draw my thumbnails (I have no drawing skills whatsoever) I just rotoscope and try to make them stand out, however I think drawing your thumbnails is a great idea! It's another avenue for you to express your particular style and flavour.

UnfamousHero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't draw my thumbnails (I have no drawing skills whatsoever) I just rotoscope and try to make them stand out, however I think drawing your thumbnails is a great idea! It's another avenue for you to express your particular style and flavour.
Hey man! Thanks for the words! I also saw your channel and you have a unique style too man. Good luck to you man!

Reactions: Henry Gallimore

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Not too long ago I decided to brand my own channel in a way of drawing my own thumbnails. I thought it would be able to stand out from others and it's been a couple of months since doing this. Now I come here to ask any of you YouTubers if Drawn Thumbnails are a good thing to use on videos. Thanks in advance! :]
It's more origininal tbh, and will link your videos together as viewers will recognise your style of art within the thumbnail

ToxicWulf

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It makes you a lot more unique than other creators. And taking a look at some of your thumbnails I'd say keep doing what you're doing! They look great!