Are Drawn Thumbnails a Good Thing?

UnfamousHero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not too long ago I decided to brand my own channel in a way of drawing my own thumbnails. I thought it would be able to stand out from others and it's been a couple of months since doing this. Now I come here to ask any of you YouTubers if Drawn Thumbnails are a good thing to use on videos. Thanks in advance! :]

Reactions: CMTXRATED

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
I think as long as you have a theme going, it's great. :) Because there are YouTubers like GradeAUnderA who literally use Paint to make their thumbnails and you'd think they're... not so great. But because they have a theme and they continue, it works and you don't think twice when you see his thumbnails. Ya know? So go for it. :)

Reactions: UnfamousHero

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
its up to you. i say if it brings people in, its fine. all the thumbnail is supposed to do is bring you in and make you click

The Clark Knight

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it's unique, it's more likely someone will click it. So drawing your own thumbnail helps in that regard, but if it's poorly drawn then it will serve the opposite effect. Really a double edged sword, so proceed with caution!

UnfamousHero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it's unique, it's more likely someone will click it. So drawing your own thumbnail helps in that regard, but if it's poorly drawn then it will serve the opposite effect. Really a double edged sword, so proceed with caution!
Yep really scary to do tbh but idk, having that "professional/crappy" drawings is what i do. Lol

braixen1264

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You should check out Darkk Mane on youtube, he's a league youtuber and his ms paint thumbnail/outro drawings are his trademark. It works, if you want to go for it. Helps develop your style.

SnoopingTurtle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I checked out your thumbnails and they are really eye catching and dont look messy as they have the same boarder which makes it somewhat organized. I would say in your case it seems to be pretty good, eye catching thumbnails are suuuuper helpful ;)

UnfamousHero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks tho![DOUBLEPOST=1475095892,1475095037][/DOUBLEPOST]
I checked out your thumbnails and they are really eye catching and dont look messy as they have the same boarder which makes it somewhat organized. I would say in your case it seems to be pretty good, eye catching thumbnails are suuuuper helpful ;)
Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it what you said! :]

Last edited: