Are all YouTube SEO channels equally pointless?

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just unsubscribed from an SEO channel on YouTube because frankly, every single video is the same. This guy posts 3x a week and every single video is about the same things. Sometimes he might focus on different parts of his "program", but the program never changes and there's never anything added to it. So if I've seen his entire game, why stay subscribed?

But it's not just this one channel, it's every SEO-centric channel I have ever looked at. Is there any point to bothering to pay attention if they're never going to say anything new?

Reactions: videoeditgr

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Channel growth YouTubers have really boomed the last few years. Eventually they are going to run out of fresh ideas. The succesful ones I see diversifies their portfolio with equipment tutorials/reviews/discussions. Interviews upcoming smaller YouTubers etc.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just unsubscribed from an SEO channel on YouTube because frankly, every single video is the same. This guy posts 3x a week and every single video is about the same things. Sometimes he might focus on different parts of his "program", but the program never changes and there's never anything added to it. So if I've seen his entire game, why stay subscribed?

But it's not just this one channel, it's every SEO-centric channel I have ever looked at. Is there any point to bothering to pay attention if they're never going to say anything new?
Practically everything what these channels say is already written and spoken/made to videos hundreds of times already, so they hardly can give you anything new. They are just to check if you aren't missing some detail and keeping your SEO skills in good condition.

If these channels come with something "secret" or "new" that will give you thousands in views and subscribers in hours, then as soon as it is posted its not secret anymore and thousands of people will jump to use the method, which will mean it will saturate pretty fast (if it worked at first place) and it won't work in just few hours.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SEOis basiclly the same IMO.. If you know the basics you are good:up2: It must be hard coming up with new videos for a channel only about SEO...... that´s my first thoughts anyways but who knows?? maybe there is more to it:)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah, there's only so much that can be said about SEO. I mean the basics could probably be explained in 3 videos and after that, I guess they're waiting for major updates, algo changes and bugs to happen and if they don't, they're left with no ideas of new content. ^^

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
SEO is a limiting topic to talk about from my view. Don't get me wrong, there some good tips to gain from them, but once you get the basic and get a system going of to implement it well that's the end of my interest. I have not watched one video on SEO for years, if I need tips I go here that's it.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Interviews upcoming smaller YouTubers etc.
Just another trick I believe.
Anyone including me would love to get interviewed or reviewed or whatever from a big channel.

It is the reversed spamming of "check me out"
it seems to trend "subscribe and might check you out".
I see it on videography and photography, no reason to giveaway gopros or drones,
the big guy will check you out and it will be sooooo cool....

:/

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Frankly, I think your tags can use a bit of work. Long-tail keywords and title-tag relationships is something you might want to work on.

The basics are covered extensively in many videos. There are some additional info that many channels miss or hiding from you (long-tail keywords might be one, along with description meta and Google Analytics breakdown). Application is more important than all of it.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yes.. Youtube (and website) SEO channels are a waste of time, and most of the “experts” are F.O.S. - just regurgitating what each other says and theorizing, guessing, hoping, and dreaming about the scant actual useful information that Google/Youtube publishes..
They are good for beginners, but once you get your head around the basics, and realize that the ONLY actual authoritive information comes directly from Youtube/Google or the FEW SEO channels/websites that actually do scientific testing (and even thats only so-so reliable becuase Youtube can turn a dial and invalidate it all), then they become kinda annoying and useless.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I have also unsubscribed to a few channels that talk about how to build a successful YouTube channel for exactly the same reason. It's a challenge for these channels to come out with fresh information, and it's interesting to see how they rise to the challenge. Some start to talk about themselves a great deal, promoting themselves as some sort of a digital entrepeneur...which I find irritating...but others seem to manage to find useful content.
Tim Schmoyer ran some interesting videos and podcasts about how to tell a story in a way that is engaging, and has also interviewed other creators of varying levels of success. These kind of videos help other creators to improve the quality of their content rather than focussing on the same old SEO advice over and over again.

Reactions: Darren Taylor