Are 480p and 720p good enough?

Erin_Carver

Reaction score
as much as everyone hate 720 (or WORST 480 *gasp*), I've seen a Youtuber from Japan who started in 2020 making videos in 480 and getting 100k subs with 8.5 million channel views ... that original 480p video has 3+ million views in 2020 alone and he just recently upgraded to 720 which isn't even considered HD anymore (talk about getting plutoed).

The most important thing is the content. If 480 is somehow going to help you make content faster, then by all means.

I do have some questions:

• What kind of video are you creating? CGI heavy? Animation? Lots of effects? Vlogs? depending on you answer Those will affect your render/edit time.
  • What program are you rendering out from?
    • Different programs have different methods to optimize the render time. Depending on your program and settings you might be rendering high quality then your footage.
  • How long is your final video? 2 min, 20 min, 2 hours?
    • If your final video is longer, then it makes sense that it would take "longer" to finish
  • You said it takes awhile, How long is "awhile"? Are we talking 2 hours? or 2 days?
For college, I made a 2 - 4 min CGI video project that took 6 hours to render across 8 workstation computers at 1080p
Thank you for sharing!