Anyone using TubeBuddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think that would work too well as each claim is case by case. I.e. you'd have to explain why the content ID match is null & void for each video or each claim per video. Unless I'm misinterpreting the idea.
Nah, my idea was to have TubeBuddy give us the power to remove claims in the same way copyright owners have the power to make claims. Like instead of disputing it and relying on the copyright owner to agree or not, removing it anyway. Pretty much just get around the whole content claiming thing at all and bring it back to when suing was their only move. YouTube only adopted this content claiming system so they couldn't be sued for copyright co-infringement. This wouldn't hurt YouTube legally because it wouldn't be their doing.

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks to Tubebuddy I managed to copy and paste all my Cards on my most popular videos. So now all the videos are linked through the cards where I direct them to the rest of the playlist! Thanks Tubebuddy!

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Nah, my idea was to have TubeBuddy give us the power to remove claims in the same way copyright owners have the power to make claims. Like instead of disputing it and relying on the copyright owner to agree or not, removing it anyway. Pretty much just get around the whole content claiming thing at all and bring it back to when suing was their only move. YouTube only adopted this content claiming system so they couldn't be sued for copyright co-infringement. This wouldn't hurt YouTube legally because it wouldn't be their doing.
But claims have to be disputed that's the problem. It won't matter if it's their doing or not, it will matter if they allow it. Not to mention there are more people likely to abuse that kind of thing than there are copyright owners who abuse the system. Either way I have no idea how they'd be able to program a feature like that without actually having to modify server side code. At most I think they could hide the claims but that wouldn't help anyone 1.[DOUBLEPOST=1435830176,1435792624][/DOUBLEPOST]I found a slight problem with the Bulk Annotation copy, it seems to default/change the colour back to the black for the spotlight annotations, which almost renders the tool redundant cause I have to go back into the videos to fix the 1s it was copied too.

TheSmokingAndroid

Always Android Always Useful
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What I'd like to see is the Subscriber data export option working...the bulk copying features are priceless, but the Subscriber data export option would make this program the most valuable out there.

Imagine being able to get a list of emails of all of your subscribers that provided youtube with theirs, you then gather the emails together, load it into a mail service like Chimp, and email everyone with a "new video upload update", which also gives them the option to opt-out/unsubscribe from the email list if they don't want to receive further updates.

This way you actually OWN your subscribers, you can contact them if youtube drops your channel for some stupid youtube reason, and you can jump start views on your videos. Also, think about all the subscribers that don't see that you've uploaded a new video, in their sub feed! We all know how buggy the sub feed is, so this sorta cuts through that.

But unfortunately, as far as tubebuddy is concerned, that feature is no longer working, even though it is...

I've done some testing and it will scan and gather subscriber data, it even completes successfully, but if left idle for too long, it crashes once you click "download subscriber data". Problem is, you have to leave it alone because it takes hours to complete.

So I think it's working now and the tubebuddy team needs to take another look at it, they just need to fix the idle crashing problem and everything will be working normal again...

Phil, you need to take another look at this feature, it's working, you just need to tweak it a bit...

Psycloud

Reaction score
Just joined this great forum and found great extension :) Phil i'd like to try tubebuddy, If free trial still available please let me know. Regards

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Imagine being able to get a list of emails of all of your subscribers that provided youtube with theirs
That would be taking things way too far and invading their privacy, you'd be as decent as a spam bot if you tried to get their emails without their permission, it violates YouTube's own privacy policy as well. You're better off trying to encourage them to set the option to receive emails & notifications when you release videos via YouTube's own official inbuilt feature. Not only that, no 1 likes receiving emails they didn't sign up for.

Irahs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
very interesting, i am going to look into vidiq and the others mentioned.

thanks

Akradon360

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Heartbeat..but have just installed the tubebuddy extension. Little strange to get use to. But I will see how I get on with it. Hopefully this will help me get more views n subs :D

CallofBooty

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I see it being advertised here a lot. At first I thought it was people signature lol. Now I know what it is.

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TubeBuddy is awesome. I use it all the time and it really does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.