Anyone use a screen capture software that is not OBS?

Jasmine_97

Reaction score
So I know my laptop isn't the best, but I can't seem to get OBS to actually film a video that doesn't freeze every 5 seconds. Anyway, this isn't about OBS, it's about what everyone else uses the capture their screen! I don't need anything fancy, just something free that can record a browser (and possibly a spreadsheet popping up every once in awhile) smoothly and save the file in .mp4 somehow. I've scoured Google and only found clickbait articles promoting software that isn't actually free or is just broken completely. Thanks for you help!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I know my laptop isn't the best, but I can't seem to get OBS to actually film a video that doesn't freeze every 5 seconds. Anyway, this isn't about OBS, it's about what everyone else uses the capture their screen! I don't need anything fancy, just something free that can record a browser (and possibly a spreadsheet popping up every once in awhile) smoothly and save the file in .mp4 somehow. I've scoured Google and only found clickbait articles promoting software that isn't actually free or is just broken completely. Thanks for you help!

Hi, welcome to YTtalk. Check out cam studio. It will do what you need and it's free.

TheCooliBros

Reaction score
If you're using a MacBook i recommend recording with Quicktime Player

jtaylor1409

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Pinnacle Studio do a good 'Live Screen Capturing' which works really well, or there's the likes of Bandicam or as previously mentioned Camtasia Studio is another option to look at. A few FM17 YouTubers I know use Bandicam so that might be worth checking out.