Other Anyone near Platteville, Wisconsin interested in appearing on a game show as a contestant?

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
This post is just trying to gauge how many YouTubers are near Platteville, Wisconsin who would be interested in appearing on a game show as a contestant. The game show is currently in development so this is just to get an idea of potential number of contestants. The goal would be to film multiple game episodes one right after another. When the film date is finalized, it will be posted as a reply to this thread.

Platteville is 20 minutes northeast of Dubuque, Iowa; 90 minutes southwest of Madison, Wisconsin; 3 hours 17 minutes west of Chicago; 4 hours 38 minutes south of Minneapolis, MN; and 5 hours 26 minutes north of St. Louis, Missouri.

It doesn't matter what your YouTube show is. All genres and niches welcomed. No minimum subscribers required. No age requirement ... though minors should be accompanied by their parents or legal guardian.

No reciprocal collaboration required where I appear on your show. All I ask is that you tell your viewers in one of your videos that you appeared on the game show and give a link to the first episode you appeared on as a challenger or mystery guest.

The game show is based on the old parlor game "Twenty Questions" (also known as "Person, Place or Thing"). Contestants try to guess the mystery guest's mystery. Each game episode should take only seven to ten minutes. Single elimination. Winner of one episode becomes champion of next.

Aside from becoming the champion, there are no prizes to be won. You would be just playing for the fun of it ... and to try to get my viewers to check out your YouTube show. ;)

In a separate video, I would interview the contestants individually. The link to the unlisted interview video given in the description of the game video and viewers would be told that it is there. Interviews can vary in length. If you like, you can use the entire interview video to pitch your channel to my viewers. If you become the champion, your challenger interview video will be your "champion" interview video. In other words, you will only do one interview video as a contestant.

The only requirement is that you come dressed as you would to a fashionable nightclub. I will be the game show host and will be wearing a tuxedo with the bow tie untied and top shirt button undone (relaxed formal; "Rat Pack" style). Women can make do with a sundress, cocktail dress, or their little black dress.

If you have an interesting fact about yourself (an odd job you once worked, an interesting hobby, something you achieved, a famous ancestor, etc.), you can first appear on the show as a mystery guest. PLEASE do not tell this in your reply here. We can discuss that privately. After appearing on as the mystery guest, you would then become the next game episode's challenger. You do NOT have to be a mystery guest to be on the game show. If you appear on as a mystery guest, you will be interviewed in a separate video. In that interview video, you will be asked to go into more detail about your mystery. Your YouTube show will only be briefly mentioned in this interview video as the interview video of you as challenger is meant to be the one that goes into depth about your YouTube show.

You are more than welcomed to film the behind-the-scenes making of the game episodes and posting them to your channel. All I ask is that you don't film the actual games themselves in their entirety.

As the plan is to have lots of YouTubers coming to the filming to be contestants, it is totally cool that you collaborate with them at the filming as well. In fact, I encourage you to do so. Feel free to mention in your reply that you would be up for other collaborations then.

If you're up for carpooling with other YouTubers from your local area to the filming, say so in your reply. If you are willing to drive, be sure to mention that as well.

Tentatively, the filming would be done on a Saturday or Sunday in the Platteville Municipal Auditorium (google its name to check it out). Interviews would be done before the game episodes in two chairs on the stage. Please tell if Saturdays or Sundays are better for you. If you would be willing to or prefer to film on another day of the week, please tell which day(s) in your reply.

Thank you for reading this post! I hope to have you on my game show soon! :)