Anyone making use of the Sponsor button?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But there are tutorials on YouTube about how to live stream! I was watching some of them. They make it look easy, so maybe it's not so bad. :) I think another sub goal would be a great time to try it! : D
and I would love to livestream on youtube but im scared i dont know how to use the interface and things properly. twitch is much easier to manage for me, but i would love to do a youtube livestream one day, maybe another sub goal celebration or something? :)
Live streaming is no harder than recording a video. Sometimes it is easier and less time consuming, because you don't spend long time for editing and polishing everything to perfection, it's all done on the fly (in real time), and no time to fix whats already streamed. The viewers know that you can't edit so their expectations are not that high either. On the other hand live streaming really boosts your channel visibility and interactions with people, especially if you contribute to the conversation, gather regular viewers, assign trusted people with the honor of being moderators. I still have active people on my channel who found my small channel through live streams back in 2015.
If you need help, create a topic in the appropriate subforum, I may post there or the other people who have experience with Live streaming on YouTube.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I don't see a point with the sponsor thingy unless you livestream.
It gives your sponsors a green thingy before their names + access to exclusive emojis etc.
EDIT: Wait, what? Why are people talking about 100k subs and stuff?

I'm on a bunch of gaming livestreams and they are nowhere near 100k, and you can sponsor them for 49kr NOK a month or something.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
EDIT: Wait, what? Why are people talking about 100k subs and stuff?

I'm on a bunch of gaming livestreams and they are nowhere near 100k, and you can sponsor them for 49kr NOK a month or something.
That's interesting! I suspect YouTube gaming has different requirements, but I'm not really sure. When I click on the "sponsorship - ineligible" button link in my dashboard, I get taken to this page:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7636690?p=channel_memberships_eligibility&hl=en&visit_id=1-636667921220098402-458153751&rd=1

But then I googled a bit and found another page for viewers to sponsor a YouTube gamer:
https://support.google.com/youtubegaming/answer/7637784?hl=en&ref_topic=6250089

.....So I guess that might mean there are 2 different YouTube sponsor systems set up based on what content you produce and/or what you've labeled your channel as??? :eek:

Reactions: Switchbox