Anyone making use of the Sponsor button?

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Firstly HELLO its been like waaaaaaaay too long since I've last posted in here, my life has been hectic for a while for many reasons, and I am sorry for not being active in so long, glad to be back :)

Anyways back on topic, I only recently realised this sponsor button was a thing when my friend brought it up to me. Has anyone made good use of it? I think the only thing holding me back from it is not having my channel under the "gaming" catagory. I guess it works better for livestreamers? similar to twitch right?

(also how's everyone been? hope you've all been well :D)

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Can't really contribute because I don't even have monetized videos, but glad to see you back!

Reactions: Lightsen

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't livestream so I haven't used it, but once they get it integrated with the community tab and lower the sub requirements I plan to possibly use it. I'm planning to do a few video series that are sponsor only, but it sounds like that feature is still a ways off before I can use it. Welcome back.

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi!

Actually, the channel sponsorships aren't reserved to gaming channel anymore. You can put a sponsor button on your channel, whatever your genre is (but you need at least 100k subs).

I'd say it's similar to Patreon, except that the monthly fee is fixed (there aren't different tiers, unlike Patreon) and I think it's around $4 ~ $5. But yeah, you can reward your " YouTube patrons " by providing them exclusive content: badges, emojis, videos, shout outs, etc. You can offer several things, and I don't think you need to livestream.

However, I've heard that YouTube takes a bigger cut on your sponsorship revenue than Patreon (30 %? I'm not sure).

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't have 100K subscribers, and as such I can't make use of it. I probably would put it up but not really mention it. People can make their own decisions to sponsor you. And it's not like you are asking for money like many YouTubers do via go-fund-me's which I think are pathetic. Unless you are dying a gofundme is not an avenue you should use to get support. That's what that sponsor button is for.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Welcome back, @Lightsen ! :)

I don't have the option for the sponsorship button since I don't have at least 100k subscribers, but I think it's good that YouTube is starting to integrate something like this again. They used to have some sort of a "Tip Jar" thing, but that had been replaced with live superchats.

Perhaps you could livestream drawing all the frames and the work behind making a video? I'd imagine people would like to watch something like that, and it might put how much work animation is into some perspective. :eek:

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I don't livestream so I haven't used it, but once they get it integrated with the community tab and lower the sub requirements I plan to possibly use it. I'm planning to do a few video series that are sponsor only, but it sounds like that feature is still a ways off before I can use it. Welcome back.
oooh so you can do sponsor only vids too? thats interesting
Hi!

Actually, the channel sponsorships aren't reserved to gaming channel anymore. You can put a sponsor button on your channel, whatever your genre is (but you need at least 100k subs).

I'd say it's similar to Patreon, except that the monthly fee is fixed (there aren't different tiers, unlike Patreon) and I think it's around $4 ~ $5. But yeah, you can reward your " YouTube patrons " by providing them exclusive content: badges, emojis, videos, shout outs, etc. You can offer several things, and I don't think you need to livestream.

However, I've heard that YouTube takes a bigger cut on your sponsorship revenue than Patreon (30 %? I'm not sure).
well its unavailable for me and yet the subs and country are matching up. so the only thing i can think is that im not gaming?

thank you for the info!

I don't have 100K subscribers, and as such I can't make use of it. I probably would put it up but not really mention it. People can make their own decisions to sponsor you. And it's not like you are asking for money like many YouTubers do via go-fund-me's which I think are pathetic. Unless you are dying a gofundme is not an avenue you should use to get support. That's what that sponsor button is for.
yeah i just think it would be nice to have there, but i have no idea how to get it as it seems to be unavailable for me atm

Welcome back, @Lightsen ! :)

I don't have the option for the sponsorship button since I don't have at least 100k subscribers, but I think it's good that YouTube is starting to integrate something like this again. They used to have some sort of a "Tip Jar" thing, but that had been replaced with live superchats.

Perhaps you could livestream drawing all the frames and the work behind making a video? I'd imagine people would like to watch something like that, and it might put how much work animation is into some perspective. :eek:
hey ^v^ glad to be back!
and I would love to livestream on youtube but im scared i dont know how to use the interface and things properly. twitch is much easier to manage for me, but i would love to do a youtube livestream one day, maybe another sub goal celebration or something? :)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
well its unavailable for me and yet the subs and country are matching up. so the only thing i can think is that im not gaming?

thank you for the info!
That's strange, because I've seen an animator with a sponsor button on her channel. She has around a million subs, though.

I don't think it comes from the subs count, but maybe it's because you were inactive for a long time?

And since that system works similarly to Patreon (according to what I've read), maybe YouTube wants active peopley to create the monthly rewards in a timely manner. I don't know.

You're welcome!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
and I would love to livestream on youtube but im scared i dont know how to use the interface and things properly.
I can definitely relate! I clicked on the "Enable Live Streaming" button, and omg...it really is scary. It even seemed to create a blank thumbnail video that I can now add to playlists (but the video doesn't seem to appear anywhere else?? I hope it didn't send out notifications... T_T ), so I dunno what happened there. x_x I keep putting off learning how to live stream on YouTube as something to figure out later, but I'm not sure if "later" will ever come... Now I'm worried about creating random blank videos and annoying people every time I click on something with the words "live streaming" hahaha... :eek:

But there are tutorials on YouTube about how to live stream! I was watching some of them. They make it look easy, so maybe it's not so bad. :) I think another sub goal would be a great time to try it! : D

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven’t live streamed yet and I don’t have a gaming channel so no I haven’t used it.