Anyone knows any platform for smaller YouTubers?

TripleTyphoon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Believe me - those facebook groups and sub-reddits will not help you grow. It's all one big sub4sub fest. People will say they watched your vids but believe me, they didn't.

You want to be doing things that will have the biggest effect.

The point is - How many hours do you think it would take to build up a relationship with another creator? It's going to take several hours per week of writing him messages, commenting on his videos, tagging him in social media etc etc. And all that for what? You're basically hoping that a massive Youtuber is going to reply to one of your messages and give you a shoutout. I don't want to sound negative, but the chances of that happening are probably less than 0.01 % particularly since you're making videos in the most saturated niche ever. The most likely best case scenario of all those hours of "networking" is that you'll get one extra view on each of your videos if he does even watch your videos and support you back. Is one extra view per video really worth all that time?

You'd be much better spending those hours on improving your content and learning how to do proper SEO with proper keyword research. SEO = automated views for a long time in the future. Networking, promoting and hoping you'll get support from other creators is manual work that as soon as you stop doing it (and you will get fed up with it), the few extra views will dry up immediately.
Yeah, I also don't like sub4subs and that kind of stuff... I prefer the real audience. It doesn't necessarily have to be building a relationship with other creators. I meant more like building a community, an audience or spread your name around different communities until people actually notice you and become interested, but yeah, of course, focusing on content and SEO should always be the priority like you said.

Anthb

Reaction score
YouTube algorithm has well and truly screwed over for small YouTubers, afew years ago you could gain views now you have to be incredibly lucky

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I fully agree with @Crown and @markkaz here. YouTube is all you need to grow, short-term and long-term.

YT SEO still works. It's slow, grindy and feels like you're never getting anywhere with it, but it delivers a very consistent stream of new views every day, week and month. Viral effects never last for more than a week, maybe 2 and that's it, you're back at square one, so you have to have a solid foundation at the base. Master the biggest video platform and you probably won't ever need any other social media. It's good to diversify after a while, but no small YouTuber is in a position where they can even begin to think about something like that.

In the past, I linked to a few of my older videos on FB groups/pages and got a combined total of like 5 or 6 views from them, even though they have massive followings. After that, I didn't even bother. I never even bothered with Reddit either, I know from prior experience it's a massive time sink for a very lackluster result. A few relevant forums in my niche are cesspools of toxicity, egomania, gatekeeping and elitism, so I gave up on those too.

You have to figure out the specific combination of factors that work for your channel alone. Video topic matters a lot more than you think. The way you frame the topic is important too. Instead of titling your video "New Minecraft Character Models Review", it's probably better to say something like "WOW! These Newest Models Are Mindblowing", or something like that. It's still the same video, but now you're baiting the potential viewers harder to click on it. If you can target some trendy topic, do it.

Video structure and length are super important. They help keep the viewers watching, get good average view duration and stack dozens, hundreds of hours of watchtime. It's impossible to know what works for you. Vloggers get away with videos that last less than 5 minutes. For gamers, I think something in between 10-25 minutes is the optimal length range, but you have to test this for yourself to see.

Good thumbnail (anything above 10% CTR in my experience is "good") can literally make a difference of 100 views per hour or more if you can manage to get thousands of impressions from Homepage, snowballing your views and watchtime and making the video go "micro/mini/semi-viral". That means you have to test and experiment with everything, ruthlessly.

YouTube is in the business of keeping people watching videos on their platform so they can squeeze more ad revenue out of them. So, you have to try and do everything you can think of to make that possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: markkaz

TripleTyphoon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I fully agree with @Crown and @markkaz here. YouTube is all you need to grow, short-term and long-term.

YT SEO still works. It's slow, grindy and feels like you're never getting anywhere with it, but it delivers a very consistent stream of new views every day, week and month. Viral effects never last for more than a week, maybe 2 and that's it, you're back at square one, so you have to have a solid foundation at the base. Master the biggest video platform and you probably won't ever need any other social media. It's good to diversify after a while, but no small YouTuber is in a position where they can even begin to think about something like that.

In the past, I linked to a few of my older videos on FB groups/pages and got a combined total of like 5 or 6 views from them, even though they have massive followings. After that, I didn't even bother. I never even bothered with Reddit either, I know from prior experience it's a massive time sink for a very lackluster result. A few relevant forums in my niche are cesspools of toxicity, egomania, gatekeeping and elitism, so I gave up on those too.

You have to figure out the specific combination of factors that work for your channel alone. Video topic matters a lot more than you think. The way you frame the topic is important too. Instead of titling your video "New Minecraft Character Models Review", it's probably better to say something like "WOW! These Newest Models Are Mindblowing", or something like that. It's still the same video, but now you're baiting the potential viewers harder to click on it. If you can target some trendy topic, do it.

Video structure and length are super important. They help keep the viewers watching, get good average view duration and stack dozens, hundreds of hours of watchtime. It's impossible to know what works for you. Vloggers get away with videos that last less than 5 minutes. For gamers, I think something in between 10-25 minutes is the optimal length range, but you have to test this for yourself to see.

Good thumbnail (anything above 10% CTR in my experience is "good") can literally make a difference of 100 views per hour or more if you can manage to get thousands of impressions from Homepage, snowballing your views and watchtime and making the video go "micro/mini/semi-viral". That means you have to test and experiment with everything, ruthlessly.

YouTube is in the business of keeping people watching videos on their platform so they can squeeze more ad revenue out of them. So, you have to try and do everything you can think of to make that possible.
Well I'm focusing 80% time on YouTube and 20% on other platforms and they have shown results already, I think it's just a matter of finding the right pages and forums and target correct people and groups and you get results. But yes I agree that YT is of course #1 priority. No social media or forum is going to help if you can't use SEO and make good content.

gulerfe

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
While I do agree on the SEO part and the fact that you need good content for people to be interested I don't fully agree with "wasting time supporting others". That's what communities are for and communities can help you grow. Now, I do realize that many people are just trying to promote their own channels instead of supporting others, but there are also people who would gladly support you if you support them and so on, which makes it a great opportunity for you to grow. Especially if you put your name out there enough for people to start wondering "who is this dude" and eventually recognize you and maybe decide to check you out and potentially subscribe or maybe even get some people to collab with and spread your name through their channels as well. Oh and I checked the link and there are some useful tips there :) thanks
Actually, I think like you. My account is full of people who I saw and start the follow from different Youtuber collaborations. In fact, when you start following someone in a group, Like you said you start to know others too. There are many examples of channels that grow in this way.

But it is very difficult to find someone you can trust in this kind of interaction. As Crown says, if anyone acts with their own ambitions, this will not benefit anyone. But I do not think it is very easy to grow channels alone too. We have to find this kind of person and collaborate. Even Youtube is trying to encourage people to interact with YouTubers.

I am not making any videos nowadays. But I want to be part of a group that like you said, man. If you want to create a discord group to play games or for just chatting for videos. I will be glad to part in it. I am generally a mess at games but I don’t know maybe we can create a group that plays online card games and etc…:wavespin:

DieuGirl

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally, I use discord to advertise my channel. while it has netted me a handful of viewers, you have to be careful and choosy WHICH servers you advertise on.

Also, Crown is right. work on your content. DO. NOT. SUB4SUB. there is absolutely no worth in it.

Reactions: markkaz