Anyone know the best way to synchronize audio and video?

Hypersonic55

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Since I've just started filming myself on camera, but the sound quality on my camera is crap, so I use a microphone for sound but synchronizing the audio and video is a tad hard. Can anyone give me any tips?

Frassmiles

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hm not too sure but I always do this for my videos as I always record my computer's screen and use my webcam to record my face etc.

I say these words before I start recording on the computer like 'I'll be starting recording in 3... 2...1 *press a button to record*' and that's my starting point for me to cut the audio/video off and edit from there :)

Hopefully you'll use this idea to help you figure out on how to synchronize your audio and video together :)

Best of luck.

Reactions: Hypersonic55

Hypersonic55

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
ah thanks a lot mate, that definitely sounds like something I should start putting into practice. thanks again :)

Reactions: Frassmiles

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You could clap before and after you record.

Or, as suggested above, you could say quietly loudly (So the spike will be more view able in editing) "HEY, 3, 2, 1 GO"

Hypersonic55

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You could clap before and after you record.

Or, as suggested above, you could say quietly loudly (So the spike will be more view able in editing) "HEY, 3, 2, 1 GO"
sounds good imma try that yo, thanks for the info mate! :)

I just match up the audio files like this
thanks mate, by the way what video editor is that in?