Anyone know how i take a photo from my video?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do I take a photo / snap shot from my video so I can use it as a thumbnail? :p Such as a website I upload my video 2 then can download photos from it or something? :p

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How do I take a photo / snap shot from my video so I can use it as a thumbnail? :p Such as a website I upload my video 2 then can download photos from it or something? :p
My graphic software has a button that snaps pics of the video. You can also run the video and maximize it then hit Ctrl + Print Screen to take a screen grab. You'll just have to past it to Paint. I get thumbnails using both methods.

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are editing and using Adobe Premiere there is a "freeze frame" element that takes a screenshot for you and then you save it where you want! As far as I know, most editing software has this function

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My graphic software has a button that snaps pics of the video. You can also run the video and maximize it then hit Ctrl + Print Screen to take a screen grab. You'll just have to past it to Paint. I get thumbnails using both methods.
Which button is it on my keyboard that I click for the Print Screen along with Ctrl?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Which button is it on my keyboard that I click for the Print Screen along with Ctrl?
My keyboard literally has a print screen button in the upper right corner. I think my computer at home has the same thing. Actually I just tried without Ctrl and it worked.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My keyboard literally has a print screen button in the upper right corner. I think my computer at home has the same thing. Actually I just tried without Ctrl and it worked.
Just seen the button there on my keyboard :p the "Prt Sc" button :p Nothing happens at all when I press it, that's both with and without the Ctrl button

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just seen the button there on my keyboard :p the "Prt Sc" button :p Nothing happens at all when I press it, that's both with and without the Ctrl button
You need to open Paint and then hit paste and it pastes whatever was on the screen when you hit the button

Reactions: SeanFace101

AGRADEPUNCH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If anyone is using mac, find the "Grab" application in Finder - it's the screenshot tool (you can choose the parameters of the image too).