Anyone know anything about this?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Okay thank you! I have it says in their terms and policy something about not having clickable adds I don’t know the exact wording but does that mean I’m not allowed to have adds on my videos? It also says something about terminating my account of necessary, does that mean my youtube channel?
In whose terms? What is the exact wording?

I put shareasale affiliate links on my websites and I link to my websites from YouTube. I never put affiliate links on YouTube.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In whose terms? What is the exact wording?

I put shareasale affiliate links on my websites and I link to my websites from YouTube. I never put affiliate links on YouTube.
Sharasale, I will screen shot terms when I can. For some reason it says I already am signed up them but I didn’t push agree to their terms and service and when I went to log in says I can’t login or sign up. When I get the chance I will try to look back into it later and screen shot the terms.

Reactions: Crown

ByeByeCubicle

Reaction score
Hi there,
Shareasale is legit. I use them for affiliate links to a retail dollar store.
So, when I make a tutorial using dollar store stuff, if the viewer click on my link and buys something, the dollar store pays me an affiliate commission.
Shareasale, just manages that relationship for the dollar store and other companies.
Cheers,
ET

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,
Shareasale is legit. I use them for affiliate links to a retail dollar store.
So, when I make a tutorial using dollar store stuff, if the viewer click on my link and buys something, the dollar store pays me an affiliate commission.
Shareasale, just manages that relationship for the dollar store and other companies.
Cheers,
ET
I seen something on their terms and policy’s about not being able to have clickable ads does that mean you can’t have ads running on your videos?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Crown I wasn’t able to screen shot it so I had to copy and past.

• ALLOWED: All other uses of banners or links, such as newsgroups, chat rooms, ICQ, message boards, banner networks, hit farms, counters, or guestbooks etc. are NOT allowed.
  • NOT ALLOWED: Any placement of creative in a "Desktop" advertising scheme. This includes any and all 3rd party advertising platforms that use a desktop application to display ads in any form.
  • NOT ALLOWED: Any display of a merchant window that isn't the result of a direct click by the end-user.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@Crown I wasn’t able to screen shot it so I had to copy and past.

• ALLOWED: All other uses of banners or links, such as newsgroups, chat rooms, ICQ, message boards, banner networks, hit farms, counters, or guestbooks etc. are NOT allowed.
  • NOT ALLOWED: Any placement of creative in a "Desktop" advertising scheme. This includes any and all 3rd party advertising platforms that use a desktop application to display ads in any form.
  • NOT ALLOWED: Any display of a merchant window that isn't the result of a direct click by the end-user.

Hi

I'm not sure tbh. Maybe send them a message and tell them how you were thinking of promoting them and ask if that's allowed. That's probably simpler. :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

I'm not sure tbh. Maybe send them a message and tell them how you were thinking of promoting them and ask if that's allowed. That's probably simpler. :)
Alright thanks!:)