Anyone know anything about this?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a company who wants me to pay me in commissions, but first they want me to sign up to their program so they can pay me, is this site legit? I feel like @Crown or @KatyAdelson might have some information about them. 19101A42-605F-4344-8CBC-229A00EF2A11.png

Last edited:

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
According to Google they are a bit dodgy.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Walk away. All those things are too good to be true if you are a smalltime YouTuber. Ask yourself: Would you contact a small YouTuber or a big YouTuber if you are a business?

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
They don't want to sponsor you. They are an affiliate program that they want you to sign up to.

I have been with them for years and they do have some OK products to promote.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They don't want to sponsor you. They are an affiliate program that they want you to sign up to.

I have been with them for years and they do have some OK products to promote.
Did they pay you commission? I didn’t mean to use the word sponsor but I mean they pay commission at least that’s what they told me

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hmm... I don't know much about them. They have a wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shareasale

It looks like they are an affiliate marketing company. I don't think they are a scam, but the references in the wiki page says (the link to the blog post it's referencing is broken), "Kellie Stevens (August 20, 2006), ShareASale was about to become the largest Affiliate Network company but they terminated a lot of affiliate accounts without even notifying and paying them commissions. Now ShareASale is a small company with few merchants."

I guess they've had a lot of ups and downs, but I don't think they sound like a scam (maybe they were temporarily a scam-ish thing back in 2006 to all the terminated profiles??). They've been around a while, so that says at least a little something... I'm guessing they might be kind of like Amazon Associates where you get a link to a product that you can share with your audience. ^^

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Walk away. All those things are too good to be true if you are a smalltime YouTuber. Ask yourself: Would you contact a small YouTuber or a big YouTuber if you are a business?
I do know there’s a legit site that offers stuff like that for YouTubers with 5k and up subscribers so it’s not out of the ordinary for offers like that and I know girl who has way less subscribers than me she got offers like that was legit[DOUBLEPOST=1533096139,1533096024][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm... I don't know much about them. They have a wiki page:

It looks like they are an affiliate marketing company. I don't think they are a scam, but the references in the wiki page says (the link to the blog post it's referencing is broken), "Kellie Stevens (August 20, 2006), ShareASale was about to become the largest Affiliate Network company but they terminated a lot of affiliate accounts without even notifying and paying them commissions. Now ShareASale is a small company with few merchants."

I guess they've had a lot of ups and downs, but I don't think they sound like a scam (maybe they were temporarily a scam-ish thing back in 2006 to all the terminated profiles??). They've been around a while, so that says at least a little something... I'm guessing they might be kind of like Amazon Associates where you get a link to a product that you can share with your audience. ^^
Did they terminate their youtube channel or just their account for them?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Did they terminate their youtube channel or just their account for them?
I really don't know, but based on that little sentence on the Wiki, I'd assume it was just the account on the ShareASale website. I don't think it'd be right to terminate a YouTube channel over that! :eek:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@Courtney Candice - Shareasale is a legit company. They act as middlemen between merchants (companies selling something) and affiliates. Certain merchants don't want the hassle of having to run their own affiliate scheme and finding their affiliates so they outsource all the IT stuff and marketing to Shareasale.

I'm signed up with them as an affiliate and I promote 2 of their merchants. They've paid me without issue via bank transfer.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Courtney Candice - Shareasale is a legit company. They act as middlemen between merchants (companies selling something) and affiliates. Certain merchants don't want the hassle of having to run their own affiliate scheme and finding their affiliates so they outsource all the IT stuff and marketing to Shareasale.

I'm signed up with them as an affiliate and I promote 2 of their merchants. They've paid me without issue via bank transfer.
Okay thank you! I have it says in their terms and policy something about not having clickable adds I don’t know the exact wording but does that mean I’m not allowed to have adds on my videos? It also says something about terminating my account of necessary, does that mean my youtube channel?