Anyone know any good free photo banner makers

Jacob Harris

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Anyone know any good free photo banner makers that i can use for my channel art.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the branding discussion forum. ^_^

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
I'd recommend Canva. It's free, and they have all sorts of custom designs that you can choose from, and the YT Channel art is one of them.

You can use their own templates, or upload your own pictures and make it even more unique!

Reactions: MASE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
I second Canva! It's great for throwing together banners and other social media images.

GIMP is a good free alternative to Photoshop and Krita is a free painting program but both would have a pretty steep learning curve. Not worth it if you're only want the occasional bit of art.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Any tips on using Canva? We made one, size 2560x1440 but only a portion of the banner is actually visible on our channel (mobile). Thanks in advance!!

Yakkiran

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Manyo, I used a template which shows the dimensions of the banner for each device, as you have found out, it is different on different devices. A quick search of 'youtube banner template' and under pictures, the first one is the one that I used.

The central area of the template is the area that is shown on every device and so needs to be where all of the information is.

As for software to use, I followed a youtube guide using pixlr.com which got me the banner I am currently using.

Hope that helps.
Yakkiran.

Reactions: The Manyo Show
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Manyo, I used a template which shows the dimensions of the banner for each device, as you have found out, it is different on different devices. A quick search of 'youtube banner template' and under pictures, the first one is the one that I used.

The central area of the template is the area that is shown on every device and so needs to be where all of the information is.

As for software to use, I followed a youtube guide using pixlr.com which got me the banner I am currently using.

Hope that helps.
Yakkiran.
Hi Yakkiran! Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check that out when we create our new banner. Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: Yakkiran

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
I use photoshop for everything. But since you asked for free, Canva. They have many templates that are simple to use. You can also import your own images and use Canva as a tool to create your own artwork.

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use PixelLab, but there are some others out there. I can't remember what I used for my channel art last time though. It started with a P and was a browser-based branding tool. Canva is also great though.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
For mine I just made a super quick banner in Canva. It’s free and has a decent amount of editing choices. Also user friendly, so it doesn’t take long to get the hang of it