Anyone here use AFter Effects??

Toothpaste35

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm just wondering who here uses AE and what kinds of things they use it for.

I'm currently working on an awesome action shoot that I've spent over a month editing so far. This is mainly because it took me a while to familiarize myself with the program and I have to edit a ton of things frame by frame. I'm compositing most of the shots with effects in AE CS4 and then rendering them out into Sony Vegas. (One shot that I've been editing has over 80 layers so far!).

After getting frustrated with AE a year earlier and finally coming back to it and setting my mind on figuring out how to use it, it feels great to finally know how to do a lot of things and get this project finished! I'll post the video here for you guys to see once it's done.

I use AE CS4 because my computer is a 32-bit Windows.

What experiences have you guys have using After Effects?

Tadjh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've used AE on more than a few occasions. Love it.

I like to do rhythmic typography videos mixed with live action footage. My last project took me roughly a month so I know that feel man!

If its cool I can post a link to my most recent example. It'd be cool to see what you're doing in AE as well.

Reactions: Toothpaste35

kkushalbeatzz

The original, diabolical, kkushalbeatzz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're probably going to catch a lot of hate for mentioning that you used a torrent.

I've only used After Effects CS2 because that's what is available for free and I'm not really looking to do extensive CGI.

Tadjh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You're probably going to catch a lot of hate for mentioning that you used a torrent.

I've only used After Effects CS2 because that's what is available for free and I'm not really looking to do extensive CGI.
I'm new here so excuse my ignorance, but is there a strong anti-torrent sentiment around here?

kkushalbeatzz

The original, diabolical, kkushalbeatzz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm new here so excuse my ignorance, but is there a strong anti-torrent sentiment around here?
Yep. Another poster just got blasted for saying *wink wink* instead of saying "You can use a 30 day free trial" in regards to Camtasia Studio 8. So yeah be careful.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
There is a strong anti-torrent sentiment here because it's theft and YTTalk is a very above board community.

Toothpaste35

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've used AE on more than a few occasions. Love it.

I like to do rhythmic typography videos mixed with live action footage. My last project took me roughly a month so I know that feel man!

If its cool I can post a link to my most recent example. It'd be cool to see what you're doing in AE as well.
Yeah cool, post the link or something! And then when I finish mine I can post it (won't be for a while though).
You're probably going to catch a lot of hate for mentioning that.

Thanks for the heads up :)

BronySinc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm just wondering who here uses AE and what kinds of things they use it for.

I'm currently working on an awesome action shoot that I've spent over a month editing so far. This is mainly because it took me a while to familiarize myself with the program and I have to edit a ton of things frame by frame. I'm compositing most of the shots with effects in AE CS4 and then rendering them out into Sony Vegas. (One shot that I've been editing has over 80 layers so far!).

After getting frustrated with AE a year earlier and finally coming back to it and setting my mind on figuring out how to use it, it feels great to finally know how to do a lot of things and get this project finished! I'll post the video here for you guys to see once it's done.

I use AE CS4 because my computer is a 32-bit Windows.

What experiences have you guys have using After Effects?
I'm amazed otherws use AE. I use CS6
Almost everything I do is on AE. Animation, Editing, Graphics Design, Visualizers, I think you get the point. I've had a few bad experiences with it but that is nothing that was on its end, it was usually just me being stubborn or messing up something that wasn't supposed to do. The only real downside is the render time since watching it you either have to press SPACE and get a guestimate of the video, or RAM render it which takes time even on quarter quality especially when you throw an effect over something. The overall render time is also longer than most programs I have noticed but that just may be me since I run on a laptop that kinda is outa date now.

3 Schmoes

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I use CS5 for every video. Even the simple ones. Color correction, green screen, text, you name it. After Effects, or sometime similar to it, is a must.

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use After Effects for every video I make. I use premiere for all the basic stuff. Even action scenes, muzzle flashes, all the works I do that in premiere. When I get into rotoscoping, sky replacements, set extensions or anything along those lines that is when I start using After Effects.