Anyone here payed for advertisement or partnered with a network? Advice?

Mile High Marijuana

Reaction score
Im considering purchasing an ad package from google or facebook or another company. Have any of you had any experience with this? Would you suggest it? Which company? why or why not?

thanks for any info guys

Last edited by a moderator:

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For advertising, you can try AdWords... It is Google product which halps you create Ad campaign with amount of money per day which you really want to spend. I used it before for one website (with forums, abaondoned it after getting new staff for site and forums while ago) to promote it and worked fine.
As for Facebook campaign I would say: use it only if you can get specific audience to our Facebook page (or post). Some of mine freinds actually use it to promote posts with their special videos (example is one band, they promoted new song for almost a month and didn't gained enough views on video so they quitted with this, it wasn't good promotion to audience... Maybe they missed something, IDK, never asked freind which is band what they did wrong)...

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
A network won't help you gain viewers or subscribers- that's always on you.

The best thing you can do is make sure your tags and descriptions are as accurate as possible.

The biggest hurdle you'll likely face is your use of curse words in video names and that you have 'Marijuana' included in your channel name. While it may be legal where you are, it's still not legal in many other places and is never intended for people under 21. The last thing you'd ever want it to have your channel labeled as 'adult content,' a road you seem to be heading towards.

Mile High Marijuana

Reaction score
A network won't help you gain viewers or subscribers- that's always on you.

The best thing you can do is make sure your tags and descriptions are as accurate as possible.

The biggest hurdle you'll likely face is your use of curse words in video names and that you have 'Marijuana' included in your channel name. While it may be legal where you are, it's still not legal in many other places and is never intended for people under 21. The last thing you'd ever want it to have your channel labeled as 'adult content,' a road you seem to be heading towards.

any suggestions to stray from that???? does youtube declare you adult content on their own?? my gameplay streams are on the vulgar side, but like you said having profanity in the title doesnt help much... its a catch 22 for me, i wanna be real and relate-able, and make content for people like me, but at the same time, i dont wanna be black balled

i dont wanna censor myself, but again, as you said, profanity in the title or description isnt the best way to gain new viewers

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
any suggestions to stray from that???? does youtube declare you adult content on their own??

i dont wanna censor myself, but again, as you said, profanity in the title or description isnt the best way to gain new viewers
It's simple- use whatever language you want to inside the videos, but refrain from using the same when labeling your videos.

No, YouTube doesn't declare it on their own, there's far too much footage coming in for them to do it themselves. Instead, (for the most part) they rely on viewers to report the offensive material for them. If you get enough reports, you receive the dreaded 'Adult Content' warning which then limits who can see your videos, where they can play, and end any monetizing you may have on it.

Reactions: Mile High Marijuana

Mile High Marijuana

Reaction score
It's simple- use whatever language you want to inside the videos, but refrain from using the same when labeling your videos.

No, YouTube doesn't declare it on their own, there's far too much footage coming in for them to do it themselves. Instead, (for the most part) they rely on viewers to report the offensive material for them. If you get enough reports, you receive the dreaded 'Adult Content' warning which then limits who can see your videos, where they can play, and end any monetizing you may have on it.

ah ok.... i appreciate it