Anyone experiencing a huge drop on their channel?

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm curious to this. Is anyone experiencing a huge drop on your channel analytics around this time of year? Do you guys think its because we are getting close to the holidays or It's just normal? Things haven't been looking up for a long time...

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Historically it has been the opposite for me. Two years in a row I had a big spike up in November. With gaming a lot of games love to release in the fall or before holidays so that may help it too. This is also the best time for me from an ad revenue standpoint and lots of other people as well this is the most worthwhile time to upload the most regardless of if your views are up or down, since ad rates are some of the highest of the year.

Reactions: Smartie

Dario

I've Got It
Reaction score
nah, its the complete opposite, i experience a huge spike, from october until january

Reactions: Smartie

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm suspecting another Algorithm shift recently. Some people have noticed increases, and others seem to have noticed decreases. I've been fairly inactive and have noticed an increase, so that's partly why I think something changed. :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Dario and Smartie

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't really know if I've had an increase of a decrease since my views fluxuate a lot (small amount of views, usually, but sometimes I get a video with a few more views)

I have noticed an overall downward spiral for my views over the past few weeks/months though, even my older videos that used to pull in a lot of my views have completely dropped off

• Love
Reactions: Dario and Smartie

tiktokchanz

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Yes, I'm experiencing quite a huge drop in my view numbers. But not all of my videos just a few of them

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
YT is a mystery. Last year I had huge drops this time of the year. This year I have seen huge increases. All I know is that if you work hard, and keep plugging away and refining your channel and skill, the overall trend will be up. I am in such a niche market that there is never no hope of my channel ever being enormously popular, but I am not working towards that goal. My goal is to reach a point where I earn enough off of my channel to where I can do the kinds of videos I really want to do and my channel will fund it. It may be a long way off, but I am starting to see that there might be a light at the end of this very long tunnel. The only question is, will I reach ti before I die? LOL!