Anyone experience with the HD PVR Rocket?

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really want to buy the HD PVR Rocket, but it's not available here yet.
My question is does anyone have an experience with the HD PVR Rocket?

KingWarzl

A Superb Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I have never had a PVR because I have an Elgato but my friend had one and said that it was the biggest waste of money and a piece of crap. But thats just what he thought because it had lots of problems but it does have good graphics.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have never had a PVR because I have an Elgato but my friend had one and said that it was the biggest waste of money and a piece of crap. But thats just what he thought because it had lots of problems but it does have good graphics.
Did he had the PVR rocket? I'm only really looking forward to the Rocket one is because it's PC free. I don't want to put up my laptop everytime I want to record.

KingWarzl

A Superb Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Did he had the PVR rocket? I'm only really looking forward to the Rocket one is because it's PC free. I don't want to put up my laptop everytime I want to record.
No but he had many PVR's and said that they were just unreliable and not very good. If you know about the PVR rocket and like it than get it but I am just here to say that my friend has had many PVR's and ended up giving them all away.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No but he had many PVR's and said that they were just unreliable and not very good. If you know about the PVR rocket and like it than get it but I am just here to say that my friend has had many PVR's and ended up giving them all away.
Actually I just want to know how it works and the quality is. I'm looking for a PC free capture card. It's sad that your friend has that many problems with the PVR's he had, but really want to know from someone that tested the Rocket capture device.

And why did he gave them away and not ask for his money back?

KingWarzl

A Superb Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Actually I just want to know how it works and the quality is. I'm looking for a PC free capture card. It's sad that your friend has that many problems with the PVR's he had, but really want to know from someone that tested the Rocket capture device.

And why did he gave them away and not ask for his money back?
Well he was a spoiled kid and his parents kept on buying new ones so he would give them away for free and even gave away his PS3 for $20 when it was brand new. He was the richest family ever and I will stop posting because you dont want to hear from someone else.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well he was a spoiled kid and his parents kept on buying new ones so he would give them away for free and even gave away his PS3 for $20 when it was brand new. He was the richest family ever and I will stop posting because you dont want to hear from someone else.
I do want to hear from someone else, but I prefer someone that actually used the capture device. People also said to me the Roxio I have now is crap (They never used it), but it works fine. If someone actually used it and says it's crap I believe them.

KingWarzl

A Superb Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
I do want to hear from someone else, but I prefer someone that actually used the capture device. People also said to me the Roxio I have now whas crap (They never used it), but it worked fine. If someone actually used it and says it's crap I believe them.
Well I have used the roxio game capture and I hated it because the quality of the actual recording was terrible. I used it from another friend and he hates it aswell not because it is hard to use, just because of the video quality.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I have used the roxio game capture and I hated it because the quality of the actual recording was terrible. I used it from another friend and he hates it aswell not because it is hard to use, just because of the video quality.
Yeah the Roxio doesn't have the best quaility, but for a budget price it's a good one to start with.

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Personally I've had a look at the Rocket (a friend has it, I've got the HDPVR 2 Gaming Edition).. It seems pretty cool, you can have live game commentary and stuff or you can add it with the software like the HDPVR I have.. it's got a 4MBPS higher recording rate than the HDPVR 2.. but the thumbdrive idea isn't amazing.. you need something like a 16GB-32GB thumb drive to really take advantage of it, I mean these don't cost too much but you can't plug a 500GB-1TB External HD into it which would probably be cheaper and it would hold more..

Overall they're pretty cool and rather impressive, excellent video quality and a great idea with the live com feature.. will be great for taking to events and such as you don't need to take a laptop or anything and you can just plug in the headsets they provide to give a live commentary at the event for uploading later. If I get bigger one day and get invited to live events for releases and previews I might invest in one :)