Anyone experience negative view count from a video?

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been trying to revive some old videos by updating tags/desc info on some videos and on one of my video's I only had 51 views before I made my changes, then I made my updates...I had no changes to view count over the next few days...then 3 days later (today) my total view count on this video went from 51 to 21.

The only thing I can think of is maybe YT is only counting unique views or something now, but surprisingly none of my other videos were affected like this. I check the views on my computer each time for comparative purposes (I've noticed view counts are always different on my iphone).

I can't prove it on YT analytics unfortunately (I would assume it would show negative 30 views today). :-/

Anyone else experience this type of thing?

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It actually happened to me maybe 2 months back, I think from what I remember is that youtube might freeze the number for a few days and check it, then correct it :V. That sounds about right in your case! Don't worry it happens some times! :D

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Nope. This seems like a new Youtube blunder.
I wonder when the people working there will be replaced by actual competent employees.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No I’m pretty sure this is a common thing that happens :V

The google

Video views are algorithmically validated to maintain fair and positive experiences for content creators, advertisers, and users. To verify that views are real and accurate, YouTube may temporarily slow down, freeze, or adjust the view count, as well as discard low-quality playbacks.” - Jan 30 2018

Reactions: videoeditgr

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the info...I wonder if I didn't revamp my video's metadata if they would have messed with this video or view count? Maybe I triggered it myself... :-/

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the info...I wonder if I didn't revamp my video's metadata if they would have messed with this video or view count? Maybe I triggered it myself... :-/
Changing anything in the tags or descriptions causes YouTube to re-evaluate that particular video. 30 views is minuscule, though. Literally within the margin of error. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.