Anyone else YouTubing for 5+ years?

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just went and checked my channel, apparently I opened it in November of 2009! Wow!

But I haven't been actively using it for all that time, the most effort I've ever put in was in the last 6-7 months!

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
My current account has been active since 2012 I've since hidden my original videos. I also have had accounts since 2007 so it's been a long time, I never knew what I was doing and only recently started creating content again hahah

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
YouTube has some glitches which have moved my current main channel's creation date to August 25th, 2010. I actually created it in the spring of 2008; but didn't upload to it until 2009. My original channel, which now is only a host to spawned channels, was created in August of 2006.

My gods; I've been a YouTuber for nearly a dozen years!

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's only my 4th year but I know what you mean. I've had plans for my channel but most of them were short term and how I got to where I am feels like a blur and where I take things next is also confusing just because I didn't realize I would actually follow through with my channel for this long.

I mean I was motivated when I started but part of me thought maybe it was just a phase. I think I've continued to stick with it because I feel like it's something I'm good at and gives me a really unique identity as a person. I don't think most people starting YouTube are really planning 4-5 years down the road with it so it's very challenging to put it all in perspective and figure out if I need to change and adapt over the years.

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, over 5 years, look back at my video over 8 years old and they are BAD, really BAD.
Bad Camera, low res and back editing. It's nice to look back and feel like I've grown.