Anyone else seeing huge spikes in Views and Subs?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've had the exact opposite happen to me over the last 3-4 weeks. videos that were previously getting 150-200 views a day have now dropped down to 13 views a day if that and all of my other content is slowly slowing down on views, likes and comments as well...weirdly though my subs are growing faster than they ever have before (Still slow by most peoples standards but lighting fast for me)...I dont get it...Im hoping they tweak the algorithm again at some point in the near future as I was growing attached to the growth :cold:
My channel did that last year about this time but picked back up a little in November. I hope it does for you as well.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Absolutely non, but then again, I have only just started ‍♂ Maybe one day. What are your channels and I can view.
I have an old channel and a brand new channel. My Old channel is my main channel and the new one was created to clean up the content on my main channel and narrow its focus because I was getting off track with it into other genres. My new channel is growing normally and I think it has great potential in the future. My main channel is kind of a homesteading DIY channel. My new channel is about Tech reviews. Just a tiny bit of a contrast. LOL!

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's two ways I knew the endscreen videos were doing well also... one was simply the fact that the two videos shown as endscreens went from 10 views a day to 500+ views a day. But you can also see how endscreen videos are doing in analytics. (in the classic studio, there's an Endscreen option in analytics on the left hand side of the screen)

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've noticed an increase, too, altho not giant spikes. :eek: But that's super!!! Way to go! :D
Thanks. If this is not just a seasonal fluke, then it might be due to some changes I have made to my channel.
1. I used to release videos as soon as they were done. I switched to releasing videos once a week on the same day at the same time.
2. I refocused my channel back down to just Outdoors/Homesteading DIY and related product reviews.

Time will tell if these changes really made a difference, but I like what I am seeing right now.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
There's two ways I knew the endscreen videos were doing well also... one was simply the fact that the two videos shown as endscreens went from 10 views a day to 500+ views a day. But you can also see how endscreen videos are doing in analytics. (in the classic studio, there's an Endscreen option in analytics on the left hand side of the screen)
Thanks. I found it now. It is under "Engagement".

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
Last month I got about 1 or more subs a day. Not more views. Last 6 days I got no subs at all. Think it's different for everyone and there are always a few with the same characteristics when it comes to views and subs.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Can I pick your brain about something?

So, my channel is really not about video games. I actually make some real hunting and fishing videos for my channel. Recently I have started playing TheHunter- Call of the wild 2019, and engaging on the Steam forum helping new people players learn the ropes. I decided to make some walkthrough videos and host them on my main youtube account, but keep them UNLISTED and not Monetized. I am only sharing links on the steam community to them. Do I have to worry about copyright issues with these videos?