Anyone else NOT SURPRISED nobody subbed to them?

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think everybody feels this way at times, myself included. The important thing is though to not get stuck in the past and move forward with better content. Peace out! P.S: Good luck with your channel! ~Column 1

Last edited:

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I'm not surprised. I've come to believe that people watch 1-2 videos and then subscribe if they like Sometimes without knowing how big you are or how many videos you have. For whatever reason people did and it got me to 50, 100 and 1000

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That is normal. As the time goes, you have better equipment, better knowledge, etc. It is interesting how I made my first video with some basic tools only and a lot of Improvisation and today after 10months that video reached 10k views and it is the most watched video on my channel at the moment. Lesson learned from this, you never know what video will be searched for, so do your best so your every video looks as good as possible for that time.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Imaginary Dave

Reaction score
I suspect this is a common phenomena.

You might even go as far to say... if you're not cringing at the stuff you made 2 years ago you should be worried you're not improving. : )

Excellentcoolman108

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I suspect this is a common phenomena.

You might even go as far to say... if you're not cringing at the stuff you made 2 years ago you should be worried you're not improving. : )
I cringe hard at the past videos I've made. Especially my voice (Although I've had no control over that)

To answer the original question. No I'm not surprised I'm not gaining a subscriber every day. That it's a rarity for me to get more than one subscriber per month. Hell, it's sometimes a rarity to even get one at all! I'm not surprised though. Just like you sometimes I question why those 20 people have subscribed to my channel. But if you just keep on keeping on and keep trying to improve your videos and post often enough, your channel is bound to get better, amber.

Ivywinter

Reaction score
Yuuuup. not only was my stuff cringey, but also i went in with the idea of doing video games and as much as i play a butt ton of games every day, it just wasnt transferring well to video for me. It also made me feel like playing games was work, not enjoyable. I switched content and am growing so much faster now focusing on my other love, Disney (along with more personal vlogs) and it's never, not once, felt like work!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yuuuup. not only was my stuff cringey, but also i went in with the idea of doing video games and as much as i play a butt ton of games every day, it just wasnt transferring well to video for me. It also made me feel like playing games was work, not enjoyable. I switched content and am growing so much faster now focusing on my other love, Disney (along with more personal vlogs) and it's never, not once, felt like work!
Thats so awesome! Such a good way of looking at it, if something isn't right for you it'll feel like a chore to do it sometimes, but it comes naturally when you enjoy it!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Simple, as humans we will never be satisfy with ourselves. No matter what people say that they are happy with who they are it's a simple lie. Everyone will find something they don't like about themselves, I always say i don't like some part of my body and that i don't like my voice, but people seem to like it and they say they like it even tough i myself hate it... so yeah is normal.
I totally Agree if this statement! I just recently filmed a video and I was like I don't like it's not good enough, I had someone else watch it and they liked it.

Reactions: Shendijiro

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We've been doing this for about a month. I feel like we get pretty many views (we have almost 300), but people don't care to sub. We both kind of have a dry sense of humor and aren't peppy like most youtubers. I naturally have a soft voice that people tend to not like as well. It's either that, or people don't care to watch the games we play. I have fun doing it even though we don't get a lot of subs, so it kind of doesn't matter. It's just interesting that people don't sub to us haha.

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I feel you. It's a part of the process. But if you just do things that you enjoy without thinking about the numbers you will enjoy youtube a lot more. And you prob will get more subs tbh.