Anyone Else having issues collaborating? Or is it just me?

bryan94c

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I try to collab but the people don't follow through. And trying to meet big youtubers is hard cause i'm a small channel and i feel like youtubers with a bigger audience already gets that alot.

bryan94c

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've seen people kind of record themselves at events and it seems to be pretty big events that are for gaming. Would you ever make a video at events?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
The only kind of "collaboration" I do is with my best friend "Blake" and my Fiancée if you could even consider that. We are great friends in real life and he only uploads gaming clips on his own channel. But he helps me every step of the way. Do I wish I had another Youtuber I could do collaborations with? Of course! But I haven't found that person yet and I'm in no rush to jump into one.

To me having a good channel, good content and a variety of videos is more important at the moment. I'm sure the right people will come along to be able to do collaborations with. =]

Another problem I also generally have is living too far from pretty much everyone else. I'm on the West Coast of the United States and am not in a big city like Vegas, Los Angeles or San Francisco so for me being able to meet up with someone in person is also much harder to do.

Reactions: User_78298

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Collaborations are like moving house or pickups at the airport. You usually ask those who you can trust and it works best with those who want to help out with no gain for themselves

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find it quite hard to find someone who is serious about collaborating in my niche (football/soccer) and has around the same amount of subscribers as me. I look for a few factors when looking for someone to collaborate with which is possibly why I struggle to find someone who I would collaborate with. If we were the same niche, I would collaborate with you. However, you're channel is about gaming (meaning that your subscribers want to see gaming) whereas my subscribers are subbed to see football content. Due to this, it would not be particularly beneficial for my subscribers to come to you or for your subscribers to come to my channel. I believe that you have to be smart about who you collaborate with because I wouldn't want the subscribers if they are inactive.

Reactions: Farley Productions

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive never collabed with anyone and Im not sure how I ever would with the format of my channel.

I would imagine the hardest aspect of it is working with someone else and having to compromise on how the video comes out. Sometimes it may be necessary for one person to take over creative control and thats not easy either. Maybe one day I'll get to try it out.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
A friend of mine tried it, twice, and both times it failed because it was one of those collabs where it's a 'one video a day and a different Youtuber has their chosen day of the week to post their video' kinda deal. But the other members would lose interest and the channel would die out after only a few weeks.

Collabs are tough because we need everyone involved to actually take part.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The problem for us is how to collab when you unbox and build toys on a studio?

Maybe I could add a link "Hey also check this channel out!" but I'm not sure how much good will it do.

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For gaming stuff, I would be very hesitant on collaborating with other folks I did not play a few things with first. I would rather have witty banter, and busting each others chops during game play to make it funnier. Doing a collab just for the sake of trying to build an audience out further will give you way less in the long run, than doing a collab that is engaging, funny, and enjoyable to watch between two folks who enjoy gaming together.

I have seen a few collabs like the first one I mentioned above, just doing it for the sake of doing it. After a few minutes it was just dull and painful to watch. Right now if I do any sort of collab, it is going to be with friends of mine who I just want to game with. They don't do YouTube stuff, but even so, just having others in my video and hearing the conversation between us will be entertaining because it is more natural.

Reactions: User_78298
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The only collaboration experience I've had is with voice actors on my other animation channel but not all had a YouTube channel, they were just really enthusiastic to help with the projects. As far as YouTube goes I've struggled to meet a lot of people who were genuinely into collabs so it's one of the reasons I decided to join this forum. Would be great to meet new people first and foremost and perhaps collabs will form in it's own time.