Anyone else DESPERATELY miss video responses?

Will

*The guy who uses asterisks to narrate everything*
Reaction score
The rip between the 8th and 9th dimension
Channel Type
Cartoonist, Animator
Back when they were on Youtube it was so much easier to get your video out. It's basically like commenting "Hey check out my video" without the spam. It's just there. And as long as you had put it on the right videos, (Relativity, about 10,000 views, etc.) you would ACTUALLY see results from it. I had the chance to do it with one video and it is my most viewed video to date with I think around 3,500 views. And all I did was video response it to 3 or 4 relevant videos. Keep in mind I only had around 10 subs then too. I remember Google said that "nobody uses them". Silly Google. There are still other ways of posting your videos to places but THAT was definitely the best option back then.

Who else remembers/used them?

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It was probably people miss-using them that spurred YouTube to get rid of them. One of the biggest points of contention between YouTubers is others lifting on your success. And video responses where one of those features that enabled that. Now people still try to respond, but most end up in the spam box. It changed the game, and imho for the better.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I remember some people posted responses to some of my videos (an older channel that I closed down a few years ago). It was the coolest thing ever! I remember feeling so honored if someone made a video response instead of just a comment. It was so neat. ^^

thumbhais

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I miss them now! I could certainly utilize video responses to some videos now, but with them gone, then next best thing is to comment and have a tie in to my video and how it can relate.

Kijana

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
It was probably people miss-using them that spurred YouTube to get rid of them. One of the biggest points of contention between YouTubers is others lifting on your success. And video responses where one of those features that enabled that. Now people still try to respond, but most end up in the spam box. It changed the game, and imho for the better.
That's why youtubers could decide which videos to choose as responses...

Will

*The guy who uses asterisks to narrate everything*
Reaction score
The rip between the 8th and 9th dimension
Channel Type
Cartoonist, Animator
It may be lifting success, but it also doesn't act as much as spam because it's actually relevant and it's sort of what they were meant for.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hahaha during those old days, I used to get video responses, and I used to get angry and delete those responses haha!
I never used those responses :p
I don't care if it really existed :p

Reactions: Will

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Back when they were on Youtube it was so much easier to get your video out. It's basically like commenting "Hey check out my video" without the spam. It's just there. And as long as you had put it on the right videos, (Relativity, about 10,000 views, etc.) you would ACTUALLY see results from it. I had the chance to do it with one video and it is my most viewed video to date with I think around 3,500 views. And all I did was video response it to 3 or 4 relevant videos. Keep in mind I only had around 10 subs then too. I remember Google said that "nobody uses them". Silly Google. There are still other ways of posting your videos to places but THAT was definitely the best option back then.

Who else remembers/used them?
well now you can link your vids in the comments. so they made it better. back then, myself, and many other channels (a lot of large ones) would only approve their own videos as responses to their new vids. to help drive traffic to old videos. the youtube cheesemasters didn't use them for the benefit of others. the fact that you can link your vids in the comments now really hasn't caught on as well. and content creators never ask (that I've noticed) for people to link their vids.

Kijana

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
well now you can link your vids in the comments. so they made it better. back then, myself, and many other channels (a lot of large ones) would only approve their own videos as responses to their new vids. to help drive traffic to old videos. the youtube cheesemasters didn't use them for the benefit of others. the fact that you can link your vids in the comments now really hasn't caught on as well. and content creators never ask (that I've noticed) for people to link their vids.
I think this is more because if you put a link to your video in the comment section it is seen more of as spam and people look down upon you for doing it. Like "Hey. This video is about eating spaghetti. Go check out this video because I also eat spaghetti in it." People view this as "Hey. This youtuber inspires me. Go check out my channel."