Anybody heard of Scale lab network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
I got contacted around 2 weeks ago by ScaleLab. I sent them a very sarcastic reply because I didn't like the fact that they offer everyone the same thing as other networks. The CEO replied to me and offered me a very custom contract with no lock in. ALSO I was having troubles leaving Fullscreen because they were claiming I didn't put in a request 30 days before my contract was up so It auto renewed. The CEO David from Scale Lab within the last week got me out of Fullscreen by writing my replies to Fullscreen's legal team for me.

I think Ima give there network a shot, just to see what its got going for it. I will keep you guys informed of my experience with them.
"Very custom contract with no lock-in"
I was under the impression they offered no lock-in to everyone or they have until very recently anyway.

Again, I have no idea of the fascination everyone on YouTube has with no lock-in, no lock-in pretty much guarantees the fact that they won't be able to do any sales for you as no brand is going to risk setting up a campaign if some of the key channels in it can walk at any time.
All it is, is a marketing gimmick to people who have no idea how advertising is bought and in return will have no advertising served on their channel.

TheyCallMeHydro

i'm hard to digest and i hate spoon feeding...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
"Very custom contract with no lock-in"
I was under the impression they offered no lock-in to everyone or they have until very recently anyway.

Again, I have no idea of the fascination everyone on YouTube has with no lock-in, no lock-in pretty much guarantees the fact that they won't be able to do any sales for you as no brand is going to risk setting up a campaign if some of the key channels in it can walk at any time.
All it is, is a marketing gimmick to people who have no idea how advertising is bought and in return will have no advertising served on their channel.
You must of misunderstood that statement. I added with no lock-in for the fact that I have nothing to lose. The few key features they are offering me aka "The custom contract" make it worth spending a month or so testing them. As for them getting me out of my last contract, I feel like I owe them at least a month of my time.

NMRKOB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger
Yes but your Adsense is still in your full control.

Like if you have another website or something connected to it there would be no effect.
Also any money they earned before joining a network will remain in there (or be paid out if they have reached the threshold or if >$10 and they request it to be closed)

I really don't care, nobody is touching my AdSense ... i don't let people touch my wallet either? Networks can do this without touching your earnings.

However, about having control over your AdSense account is not true. I know a handful of people even one of them has been blackmailed. No way. It's business for them, they don't care who you are or what you do but you have to deliver the numbers. That's the only way how networks survive.

Networks needs us, we don't need them and that's a fact.

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
we don't need them and that's a fact.
I think most channels do and frankly 99% of big channels wouldn't be signed and renewing with networks if not. Infact close to 85% of YouTube's total viewership is with a network.

Just people think that joining an MCN will magically gain them a huge following instead of the reality which is that they will supply the tools, which with the creators use can help them grow.

As is the same in most contractor situations.
Like if a supermarket decided to stock my onions, well that's great and all and I may get a little boost from just being on their shelves but without me improving my onions and working on marketing I am not going to get anywhere big anytime fast.

Bonald

Reaction score
I feel like I owe them at least a month of my time.
So??? How's it been with Scale Lab so far?

I've only just been contacted by them last week and joined the forum cause you left us hanging dude...

Tell us about the view from the inside B-)

Catpunzel

Reaction score
I have also just been contacted and was wondering if it was worth it to join.

Organous

Reaction score
Here's a new one for you all. I too was contacted, and I've read through everything in this forum to see what different perspectives have come up. What's new with me is that I was contacted based just on a playlist I made... of OTHER people's videos. I made a list of videos that seemed to be worth studying for Street Fighter 4. I've made some videos too, but they're all of pretty minimal quality, all of varying different things (though a lot on gaming). I do want to devote more time to making videos, but I'm not sure about my focus. To these guys, I didn't quite say "screw you," but I wasn't exactly welcoming, either. I asked exactly how they were going to contribute to my views, why a playlist was any indication of my talent (honestly a sincere question, even though I'm not expecting any kind of good answer), and what kind of legal support they'd be offering. If they answer, I'll let you know.

Charlie Jacoby

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
There's a great MCN in BarelyPolitical's YouTube Complaints Department #3 - if you haven't seen that series, it's ace

Alyza Barro

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I'm pretty new here, and I got the same message except that it was related to what I do on YT which is music.. And based on what I've read on this forum, I think I wont be joining. This has been my 2nd spam message so far...I may not be as big as you guys are but yeah I think Scalelabs is pretty shady... Seems like most of them aer " Talent Managers".

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
They been contacting me like crazy bugs! ._. I had had more than 10 messages from 10 different accounts it kinda crazy x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.