Anybody Else Notice How Much Of A Disadvantage YouTube Puts Small Channels At?

YourKingSkeletor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know that the larger channels obviously have a huge advantage but I've noticed a new trend going around. Small channels used to only have to worry about ranking low in search but now the small channels I'm subbed to don't show up in my subscriptions box. The same is going on with my fans. Videos by small channels seem to no longer show up in your subscription box or anything even if you watch them every day. Anybody else having this issue because I personally feel that if this was an intended feature they are pretty much telling us to give up and get lost but guess what... I'm stubborn and will NEVER GIVE UP!

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Doomkey

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always wish that they'd create some kind of "New and Upcoming" section on YouTube. In this section they'd have the option to see people with less than a certain number of subscribers (Probably from like 10k to 100) this way people could find newtubers they like if they don't want to watch the big wigs, more people could get the recognition they deserve, and it might even make YT more money in the end. But, they don't care about us sadly.

SilentRich

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do notice this a bit but I do not have many smaller channels subbed at the moment. I would prefer it if they just listed what is most recent than who is the biggest whale making a video out of my subs. I mean I'm probably going to watch it anyway if I like the channel alot.

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't noticed myself. I mostly find newer channels in the comments. Then again I most likely wouldn't notice if people weren't seeing my videos anyway.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I haven't had any channels who haven't shown up in my subscription area. I'm subbed to all small channels, and I haven't experienced this problem.

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've watched so many videos from smaller creators recently, they're now showing up on my homepage! I think I've broke YouTube haha.

It would be so awesome to have a "New and Upcoming" section, it definitely feels like YouTube could be doing more to help out smaller channels but I try not to let it get me down.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
All I keep seeing is channels with at least six figures for subs..I guess if you watch one video from someone who has around that many subscribers all other channels in that same area show up.. not sure how to even find small channels like myself.. that's why I love this forum =) It's the only place where I can find new creators =)

YourKingSkeletor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always wish that they'd create some kind of "New and Upcoming" section on YouTube. In this section they'd have the option to see people with less than a certain number of subscribers (Probably from like 10k to 100) this way people could find newtubers they like if they don't want to watch the big wigs, more people could get the recognition they deserve, and it might even make YT more money in the end. But, they don't care about us sadly.
Great Idea! Maybe if we email them this suggestion they might do it (unlikely but worth a try).[DOUBLEPOST=1464045108,1464045078][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do notice this a bit but I do not have many smaller channels subbed at the moment. I would prefer it if they just listed what is most recent than who is the biggest whale making a video out of my subs. I mean I'm probably going to watch it anyway if I like the channel alot.
Same[DOUBLEPOST=1464045215][/DOUBLEPOST]
I haven't had any channels who haven't shown up in my subscription area. I'm subbed to all small channels, and I haven't experienced this problem.
Hmmm. Lucky. I don't see the new post from channels with under 100 subs in my recent posts but when I go to their channel they have a bunch of new vids.[DOUBLEPOST=1464045282][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've watched so many videos from smaller creators recently, they're now showing up on my homepage! I think I've broke YouTube haha.

It would be so awesome to have a "New and Upcoming" section, it definitely feels like YouTube could be doing more to help out smaller channels but I try not to let it get me down.
Nice job and they do need a new and upcoming section. Let's all email them this or something. Haha.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Youtube will always pay more attention to the ones that bring them the green :shifty2: instead of paying attention to everyone and just add up more sections to search for youtubers that are new like for example they can add up a section of just uploaded like deviantart has new uploads, and others liek popular in the last 8h and so on. They can do so many things to make money and help small youtubers

YourKingSkeletor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Youtube will always pay more attention to the ones that bring them the green :shifty2: instead of paying attention to everyone and just add up more sections to search for youtubers that are new like for example they can add up a section of just uploaded like deviantart has new uploads, and others liek popular in the last 8h and so on. They can do so many things to make money and help small youtubers
While this may be true I feel that the least they could do is give us newtubers a better chance. It would also help them. More big YouTubers is more money in their pockets too.