Any1 know if adds play on non moneytised channels?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I notice you can tick or not the box to allow adds to play on videos. If they are allowed do they still play on videos for channels that are not moneytised? If so turning it off might get more watch time? Probably been asked b4 sorry.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
actually i don't see that option anymore.. musta imagined that one. admin -delete this thread if u want to

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
sometimes ads can play on non monetized channels if there is copyright claimed material in the video the copyright holder may place ads on the video.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the YouTube Monetization discussion forum. :)

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
No, ads will not show in videos if a channel hasn't been accepted in the YPP unless a third party claims the video (copyright) The reason why you want to enable/tick that box is because when your channel gets approved, after that moment ads will start showing up and you will see a bunch of green monetisation icons that look really cool when you see them the first time. If you decide not to enable ads in your videos, once you get approved you will need to do that manually which depending on how many videos you have it might be a pain to do... so. I recommend always tick that box and every single ad that appears there and let the magic happens once you get approved!

You haven't uploaded in like 3 months, you are so close! Don't give up... you got this!