Any ways to tell if someone has fake subs?

Ian W.

Saiyan Warrior!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can usually tell by comparing view to sub ratio, also by checking their subscriptions (if they haven't got them on private that is) & if you can see them check if there's many accounts under 50/100 subs as they're most likely sub4sub subscriptions! Lastly checking how many views/likes/comments they get per each video can help you solve the mystery! :p

MrCaffiene82

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say if it makes you think in your head "something is not right here" going with your instinct is probably right.

Interactions is a good place to start but sometimes you can upload a video that gets the views but hardly any comments especially if you don't offer your viewers something to comment about. I fall for it all the time i try to remember to ask a question or something.

Never do but i try to remember to.

as someone said above it wont hurt to collaborate with this person if some of the subs are real it gets your name out there a bit more and some may sub to you

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
as someone said above it wont hurt to collaborate with this person
Except when it gets out that the person bought their subs... it might ruin your reputation too. And on a personal level, would you really want to collab with someone who cheats like that?

SuckMyDax

Chaser of Dreams
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If someone has tens of thousands of subscribers and only a few dozen views on each video, that tends to be a warning sign.

SamNLovell

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would say if the subs don't add up to the veiws their videos gets and likes and dislikes and comments, but if there channel has been going for years and they had a lot of subs before around 3 years ago and started posting again then the numbers won't add up as the subs would have forgotten about that channel.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If someone has a vast amount of subscribers yet no views or comments to speak of they are usually full of it. But bigger channels? I don't think you'll be able to do anything to determine the fake from the real ones.

But, since the penalties are harsh (as in termination of account) I doubt anyone would have fake subscribers when they are in the upper echelon of YouTube.

bailee_

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Interaction will tell you a lot I am guessing

Steven Ryan

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If I felt like something is off, or have any suspicion I wouldn't even consider doing a collab!... just my opinion.