Any ways to tell if someone has fake subs?

Phostose

Biggest thing since the wheel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was asked to collab with someone and I was just wondering if there is any way to know if someone has fake subs. They do have weird numbers (many subs but no interaction). But I'm not sure whether this is fake or something I just don't know about.

Reactions: FraYoshi

Film To Paradise

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My first guess who be to take a look at the interaction amount. If there are a lot of subscribers and no interaction whatsoever that would make me raise a brow as well.

Phostose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My first guess who be to take a look at the interaction amount. If there are a lot of subscribers and no interaction whatsoever that would make me raise a brow as well.
Yeah, that's what brought me here is the first place.

Film To Paradise

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, that's what brought me here is the first place.
I mean in the end you wouldn't really be harmed by doing the collaboration with this person. If the subscribers are fake then theres no way of them transferring to your channel. Best case scenario whatever real subscribers this person has will take a look at your channel!

thejadonmayhew

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
It does come down to what you said, in my opinion, if they have for example 1000 subs and very little interaction, it could be fake. Also, how many views do their videos get? There will always be inactive subs, so, people like PewDiePie do not get 30m+ views per video. So if they have 1000 subs, probably 200-300 views per video, from my experience. Maybe a little more at times.

Reactions: FraYoshi

Phostose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It does come down to what you said, in my opinion, if they have for example 1000 subs and very little interaction, it could be fake. Also, how many views do their videos get? There will always be inactive subs, so, people like PewDiePie do not get 30m+ views per video. So if they have 1000 subs, probably 200-300 views per video, from my experience. Maybe a little more at times.
Over a 1000 subs. No interactions and like 10 views is a good day.

I mean in the end you wouldn't really be harmed by doing the collaboration with this person. If the subscribers are fake then theres no way of them transferring to your channel. Best case scenario whatever real subscribers this person has will take a look at your channel!
I see what your saying but if there really is no interaction. Even if there are a couple, I doubt they are the type to come over to my channel.

Stachu

Not sexy and don't know it!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You can try to guess but actually there is no way to know it for sure.

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I've got 200 subs on my gaming channel and no where near 200 interactions.
I do have over 16.5k views.
However, I do not fake subs. It's a waste of time and money.
There's no way to be sure unless youtube bans them.

TheEdBoys

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are things you can look at, like interactions, but when it really comes down to it, it can be really hard to prove if they're fake or not. But if you see someone with a ton of subs, you can tell if their subs are inactive or not by views and what not. That could help

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the whole buying-subs thing works. Do the fake accounts subscribe gradually over time or will there be a spike visible on analytics pages?