Any tips keeping editing not boring

Natrix Gaming

Reaction score
I love youtube and the process of it but sometimes I just hate editing and I try watching a video or music while editing on my second monitor. But it's just hard,any tips? (I might have posted this in the wrong place

P2Syndrome

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For some reason I love editing. I think that trying to make your videos a little more charming or funny through editing can help the boringness. But I know that's not for everybody so I would say just talk to some friends while you're editing, especially any friends that are doing something themselves too, like drawing. Even if you're silent 80% of the time I think it helps for some reason.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I love editing but sometimes it takes a lot of time to edit some stuffs. So I usually listen to popular music or radio to cover up my boredom. I usually do my assignments aside from editing stuffs just to save my time.

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually really like editing! I try to take breaks every so often so I am not just staring at my computer for hours on end! Usually I will watch an episode of a Netflix show or watch a couple YouTube videos and then it lets me unwind for a bit so I can refocus after I chill. I actually must have complete silence while I edit because most my editing is of me talking so I can't have other distractions! Good luck! :)

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
A few tips I use are like you do, watch something while doing it however I use my TV since using my second monitor has a performance effect on the editing software which can slow down the process. The second is to learn how to use your keyboard to edit. This speeds it up so much and makes it more enjoyable because you feel like a magic computing badass (at least I do) and finally. Take a lot of short breaks so to break up the sessions into smaller chunks.

braixen1264

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I do nothing while I edit because I want to focus on the editing and I don't want music from my video to collide with audio from outside of it(i.e. other music, tv, etc.) and confuse me

Vivian King

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well I like editing, but I would recommend you not do anything on the side of editing, because that will only distract you and prolong the process. Try to keep your mind on what you want your final outcome to be, that will add some excitement to the process.