Any tips for a beginner who's stressed

SkyDayYan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I wanted to start a series called Let's Rant, a gaming focused series, where basically, I'm ranting a review of a game or multiple game.

Yet I feel stressed. I feel scared that I'll get laughed at because of my stupid pronunciation or quebec accent.

Any tips ?

CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
best tip i can give you, BE YOURSELF. What others think about you is their problem, not yours.
Just have fun making video's and don't think about 7 billion others... No matter who you are or what you do, you'll always have those that hate...
I think thats about the best tip i can give on your issue.

Vivian King

I've Got It
Reaction score
Some very successful YouTuber's have funny accent's. Don't think of it as something that will hold you back, think of it as something that will make you memorable. People naturally attract to things that are unique. And let me say the best type of rant is one with an accent.

SkyDayYan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanks a lot...I think I really needed to hear that. I'll do it then.

Reactions: CubiCraft

Jamiemcg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
As with anything, the more you do something, the better and more comfortable you'll become. Making YouTube videos can be a lot of fun, especially once you develop a bit of a following. And one thing to keep in mind is that people will probably be watching from all over the world, so I wouldn't worry one bit about your accent - or anything else for that matter! Enjoy the process; I'm sure you'll do well!

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Practice makes perfect. Don't worry about what people will think or say, most likely, they're gonna be really nice and supportive. Communicate and network, this is how you make friends and get people to watch the full length of your video and interact.
I used to hate the sound of my voice, after you listen to yourself for so long and you get more practice speaking, you won't mind it anymore.
Best of luck :D

Bentura Madrid

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Sometimes the very thing you're insecure about is the thing that people latch onto and love! Just be yourself and you will be fine! Good luck to you my friend!

SkyDayYan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, Thank you for the tips. I'll definitely post it then. I hope for the best and hope that my pronunciation will be bearable.
Thank you again