Any Script Writing Advice?

Zach Werre

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Other
Just any advice you have for writing scripts. What are some things I should think about when writing? What are some things I should avoid in my scripts? What should I have in my scripts? Any tips are much appreciated!

Ralph Mickey

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Other
Yea, don't write scripts. Put what you want to say in bullet points on a card or page then adlib from there. This is the best advice I have seen from the other creators. It will help you be more yourself too.

Reactions: TheDubaiNetwork

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Commentator
deleted

Last edited:

Zach Werre

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Other
Scripts can make your voice very monotone if you don't know how to read them.
I use bullet points instead to organize my videos into parts.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I guess my fear would be saying words such as "umm", "you know" or "like" too much and also just rambling on and not knowing how to finish my thought. Is that a problem I should be worried about and if so what would be the key to preventing it?

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Commentator
deleted

Last edited:

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
Gotcha, that makes sense. I guess my fear would be saying words such as "umm", "you know" or "like" too much and also just rambling on and not knowing how to finish my thought. Is that a problem I should be worried about and if so what would be the key to preventing it?

I actually script my videos and edit out all of that verbal diarrhea. I say what I've scripted myself to say and nothing but.