Any penalty for deleting videos??

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is any sort of penalty for deleting videos.

Should you ever delete videos?

Does YouTube "get mad" that you deleted videos because you are taking content away from the service?
When you delete older videos do you lose views?

What about comments / likes? Obviously the comments will vanish as well but does YouTube still recognize that you received comments and likes on it or is it like the video never existed and nobody ever saw it?

Anyone know about this type of stuff? I tried looking around online and couldn't find anything newer than a few posts from 2015 so things may have changed, maybe?? I dunno.

Let me know what you think, thanks

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi. I am King Christo. You can trust me when I say this because I have deleted multiple videos.

Why? My videos from 1+ years ago were super cringey and my voice was REALLY high pitched.

Anyways, to answer your question, there is no real penalty. The only thing is you will lose the channel views that you previously had with that video. So if one video had 6k views, and you have 10k total channel views, then you will have 4k views after deleting the video.

Hope this helped.

Reactions: Therealkojr

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you delete a video, you will lose the views from it and everything else. Normally to stop the from happening i just make a video private or unlisted. Then i seem to keep the views from it but no one can see my cringe.

Reactions: Naybor

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I was thinking the same thing pretty much as you guys. I don't like the idea of making them private and leaving them as it eats up space on YouTube and as a webmaster I actually feel guilty about that.. I dunno maybe it's not a big deal, I know YouTube has unimaginable space available I just for some reason feel bad about using space for no reason, maybe that's just me.

Anyways appreciate your feedback / help, thanks :)

Reaction score
Off topic: because they canceled the channel with 100,000 subscribers without video?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is any sort of penalty for deleting videos.
Dont'n Think so

Does YouTube "get mad" that you deleted videos because you are taking content away from the service?
When you delete older videos do you lose views?
YouTube will not get agree but you will definitely lose views. If you delete a video you will lose the views the video iis and would have generated.

What about comments / likes? Obviously the comments will vanish as well but does YouTube still recognize that you received comments and likes on it or is it like the video never existed and nobody ever saw it?
Every thing will disappear. you will lose every thing

Let me know what you think, thanks
Yea That's what I think

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've deleted 30/40 videos and I have not seen any repercussion from it?

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been deleting a lot of old, lower quality, low view count videos. Not only is there no penalty, I think it will make the channel stronger in the long run...

Hadi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Don't delete the videos! Keep them private or unlisted:
1) You keep the channel views.
2) You can still watch your old videos later on without having to go through millions of files on your computer.

PewDiePie does it, so should you :p

Reactions: Boris Qs