Any fix for "Error occurred. Please try again later"? Help please.

vetra

Reaction score
Everytime I go to YouTube and try to play a video the playback screen becomes grainy and the message "Error occurred. Please try again later." appears. Tried to research a fix for this issue, and it appears that it is not an uncommon problem given the number of queries on various problems. I'm not a techie, but have attempted numerous things to try to correct the problem including updating Flash and Java, using a different browser (was using IE, tried Chrome, no luck), deleting cache and cookies--all to no avail. I did get Youtube to play going through a proxy ip, but it was terribly slow and unreliable. This made me think it was something to do with the IP address so I unplugged the modem overnight as this was supposed to reset it. All other video sites play without a problem---I just don't get it. It is terribly frustrating as Youtube is one of my favorite and most visited sites. Any suggestions would be most appreciated, starting to go through YT withdrawal. Another issue I encountered a few months ago was "404 Not Found" error. This too was frustrating found an easy fix by putting an s after http--but now I just can't get anything to play.

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
What versions are you using (OS, browser)?
Is this at work or at home?
If it's at work, then it's probably being blocked by your network admin.

vetra

Reaction score
It is my home computer that is affected. I'm using Windows 7. Typically I use Internet Explorer, but did download Google Chrome thinking it might be a problem with the browser and since Google owns Youtube I thought it should work....no such luck. Very, very frustrating and apparently this is affecting alot of users.