Any Fair Use Youtubers here?

Mat

Reaction score
Hey guys I was looking to get some advice from some people who are experienced with Fair use monetization with youtube.

Youtube has sent me a message asking me for more information. I assume it because of my MANY pictures I use. So im trying to put together the information they will accept.

This is what i got so far

"Hello

The Pictures in this video are used in a Educational fashion, which is allowed under United States Fair Use.

U.S. Code Title 17, Chapter 1, § 107 Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use
Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

The Music used in my song is Free Royalty Free Music (Creative Commons/Commercial Use Licence)
The name of the artist : djguido
The name of track: Deflated
A direct link to the song :
A direct link to the license terms :
Attribution is required for the song and I have listed it in my Description.

All the effects were created by me using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Audition

Kind Regards
Matthew"

What do you think, Thank you very much!

GamerKeebzy

A Wild Keebzy Appears!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
looks good, but i should warn you, youtube is awful about replying to you and the couple of times i was unfairly refused monetization, they didn't accept my appeal even though i used no copyrighted material whatsoever. good luck anyway i do hope your appeal is successful :)

thefriendlygreek

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't bother with fair use. The law is so ambiguous when it comes to fair use that it often has to go to court.

All a copyright holder would have to do is take the case to court, and most Youtubers would concede right there because it would cost a fortune. YouTube themselves would never fight in court for your right to fair use, and understandably so.

Networks and their TV shows aren't bothered because they have the lawyers and funds to defend fair use, as it's in their interest to exercise this right in match of their programming (especially news).

You may be completely justified and doing everything right, but the burden of proof is on you and that burden is very costly.