Any Camcorder masters out there?

itsjustphilandtom

so far all our videos have been recorded on an iPhone which has served us well but we are looking to upgrade a little.. but i no nothing about camcorders and what makes one better from the other(apart from HD recording) anyway i've been looking at these two

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-hc-v100eb-k-full-hd-camcorder-black-12300408-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/sony-hdrcx190eb-full-hd-camcorder-black-12224373-pdt.html

I'm liking the panasonic but i can't really tell if its better then the sony from the spec's..any advice would be awesome :) and whether you think the cameras are good quality ones

thanks x

I have also just read that the Sony is not in fact full 1080p HD recording it only converts it to HD after recording making it not as good :S or some technical babel :p

How much money do you have to spend on a camcorder? :) then i'd be able to make a good assumption on the camcorder you can get :)

Tbh, this is actually one of my favourite camcorders for that price range, I'd planned on getting one for a while until I realised that for my needs, a DSLR would be better. But anyway, this is the Canon Legria HF R26:
canon-LEGRIA-HF-R26_size_10.jpg
Obviously its in HD, but here's a review that I managed to pull off the internet (however, I would have done one of these myself if i had bought it :) ) :

The basics
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 is a budget full HD camcorder. It has a 3.28 megapixel CMOS sensor, 20x optical zoom, AVCHD recording, 8GB of flash memory and a 3-inch LCD screen to preview videos. It also offers twin memory card slots that can
house up to 64GB of footage on each for storing hours of HD video footage.
The good
Considering the Canon LEGRIA HF 26 records in full HD (1080p) its price of around £280 isn’t so bad at all. While the LEGRIA HF R26 is verging on the budget side of good camcorders, it still has plenty about it to be the best of the rest.There’s the bog-standard HDMI out port - useful for watching your HD films on
your TV set, and the usual USB port o share media with a computer or laptop, but one feature we do like is the dual memory card slots. These can take up to 64GB of footage each. That should let you store up to ten hours of sweet HD video footage.
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 is more than an able performer for the price. Video is clear, and colours are captured well. Footage has only a mild hint of grain in low light. A nicely-sized 3-inch LCD screen lets you preview your footage, and even edit video. Filmmakers also have nine scene odes to play with, and plenty more settings to enjoy. For your buck, the Canon LEGRIA HF R26 offers decent value.

The bad
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 has a nice little set of features, but compared to pricier models, it’s still lacking. For the most part the Canon LEGRIA HF R26 performs well, but in scenes of low light performance can be erratic, lending unwanted hues to footage. There is also little in the way of bundled accessories. Filmmakers will also note the lack of microphone port.

The bottom line
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 is a great budget full HD camcorder that does all the basics very well, but before investing be sure to look around for a bargain.

Hope this helps you :D

Tbh, this is actually one of my favourite camcorders for that price range, I'd planned on getting one for a while until I realised that for my needs, a DSLR would be better. But anyway, this is the Canon Legria HF R26:
View attachment 817
Obviously its in HD, but here's a review that I managed to pull off the internet (however, I would have done one of these myself if i had bought it :) ) :

Cheers I'll check it out
The basics
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 is a budget full HD camcorder. It has a 3.28 megapixel CMOS sensor, 20x optical zoom, AVCHD recording, 8GB of flash memory and a 3-inch LCD screen to preview videos. It also offers twin memory card slots that can
house up to 64GB of footage on each for storing hours of HD video footage.
The good
Considering the Canon LEGRIA HF 26 records in full HD (1080p) its price of around £280 isn’t so bad at all. While the LEGRIA HF R26 is verging on the budget side of good camcorders, it still has plenty about it to be the best of the rest.There’s the bog-standard HDMI out port - useful for watching your HD films on
your TV set, and the usual USB port o share media with a computer or laptop, but one feature we do like is the dual memory card slots. These can take up to 64GB of footage each. That should let you store up to ten hours of sweet HD video footage.
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 is more than an able performer for the price. Video is clear, and colours are captured well. Footage has only a mild hint of grain in low light. A nicely-sized 3-inch LCD screen lets you preview your footage, and even edit video. Filmmakers also have nine scene odes to play with, and plenty more settings to enjoy. For your buck, the Canon LEGRIA HF R26 offers decent value.

The bad
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 has a nice little set of features, but compared to pricier models, it’s still lacking. For the most part the Canon LEGRIA HF R26 performs well, but in scenes of low light performance can be erratic, lending unwanted hues to footage. There is also little in the way of bundled accessories. Filmmakers will also note the lack of microphone port.

The bottom line
The Canon LEGRIA HF R26 is a great budget full HD camcorder that does all the basics very well, but before investing be sure to look around for a bargain.

Hope this helps you :D

Back