Any advice on cancelling my contract with BBTV?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
My contract with BBTV automatically renews every year unless I cancel it with 30 days notice. That means that at last the time has come for me to cancel, since the renewal date is in April and I want to give plenty of notice.

My question is, have any of you already been through this? Will an email suffice or should I also send a registered letter? Also, I guess that I remove access to my channel from BBTV on the auto renewal date and can't do it before?

Any insight from forum members who have already been down this path will be appreciated.

have you read the ToS contract? just make sure you follow w/e is on there - expect some sort of lashback through some loophole

Log in to your dashboard, get in touch with support and tell them you won't be renewing your contract. Wait till you get confirmation and screenshot evidence etc and you should be fine.

I dont know the answer, but i'm guessing they dont make it easy.
What's the reason you want to cancel? Not as great as they made it out to be?
The real question is Why did I ever join them in the first place???
I'm cancelling because (with the exception of the convenient payment through Paypal system) they have done nothing whatsoever for my channel. Nothing.... a big fat "0". But they take 30% of my revenue.
When I signed up I simply wasn't taking YouTube so seriously and my revenue was almost non-existent. Now the channel is growing slowly but surely, I am paying BBTV £40 + every month and it's just not worth it for what I get out of it. The access to free music from Epidemic Music is great, but for £40 I could buy ten years worth of music for my channel...[DOUBLEPOST=1516951110,1516951046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Log in to your dashboard, get in touch with support and tell them you won't be renewing your contract. Wait till you get confirmation and screenshot evidence etc and you should be fine.
Great advice, thanks for that. I haven't looked at their site for a long time, but I do vaguely remember that they have a dashboard.
Thanks again.[DOUBLEPOST=1516951191][/DOUBLEPOST]
have you read the ToS contract? just make sure you follow w/e is on there - expect some sort of lashback through some loophole
Yep. Several times. It is clear that I need to give a minimum of 30 days notice, but not surprisingly they don't go into any more detail than that.

Be aware that once you do disconnect you have to apply for monetization with Youtube again. Even if you have a current adsence and it was connected before you still have to re apply.
God only knows how long that will take now the goal posts have moved for qualification.

Be aware that once you do disconnect you have to apply for monetization with Youtube again. Even if you have a current adsence and it was connected before you still have to re apply.
God only knows how long that will take now the goal posts have moved for qualification.

given his user base and view % i'd say he's fine - but yes, you'll have to reapply.

Thanks for pointing that out, I did wonder about it and suspected that I may have to reapply.

To be honest I'm not too worried if it takes a while to re-monetise the channel, since my primary focus is marketing the yachts that I have for sale. The monetisation aspect is a nice additional benefit of YouTube that pays my monthly phone bill, but if I have to go without for a few months it won't be a major problem.

More than anything it just bugs me so much that BBTV are making money from my work without really contributing anything.

Thanks for pointing that out, I did wonder about it and suspected that I may have to reapply.

To be honest I'm not too worried if it takes a while to re-monetise the channel, since my primary focus is marketing the yachts that I have for sale. The monetisation aspect is a nice additional benefit of YouTube that pays my monthly phone bill, but if I have to go without for a few months it won't be a major problem.

More than anything it just bugs me so much that BBTV are making money from my work without really contributing anything.

it's just the cost of business right? I mean it'll be a loss but eventually re-coup into a gain. I subscribed to your channel - the videos are amazing, do you do all of your own editing?

I had the pleasure of filming a catamaran with a drone, and the movement of the water with a large object with sharp lines is just one of the best objects to film. really enjoy them!

PS - keep in mind, an additional tactic you may want to consider is to turn of monetization on the videos pre-contract termination.

If you are ever near Virginia or New York, please let us know! i'd love to film / provide footage.

I subscribed to your channel - the videos are amazing, do you do all of your own editing?
Thanks!
I use a couple of production companies depending on what country I'm in...I travel a lot between Italy and France. The brokerage company I'm contracted to pick up all the costs for production since they get great exposure and also increase our chances of getting a yacht sold or chartered. It's a really good arrangement, I'm very lucky.
I'll let you know if I'm in New York in the near future...you never know!

Back