Another YouTuber wants me to use their music. Need advice

Porknado

Reaction score
So my channel is very small compared to this other YouTuber. I have 35k subs and get consistent 100k-200k views on my videos.
Someone who has 6m subs and their record label want me to use one of their covers in one of my videos. (This cover already has 30m views) They would content Id the video for 30 days, return 100% of the money to me and allow me to continue monetizing my video. They would also promote me on their channel and Facebook page. They sent me a contract stating so plus other mumbo jumbo.

I’m confused as to why they are offering me this.. is there something I don’t know? What will they be benefitting from this?
Any help is much appreciated :)

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I do find that a bit sketchy. It's like you said, they don't have much to benefit off of you (not that you don't bring anything to the table, but this channel has 6 million subs). If you have a contract and are really considering their offer, you might want to have a lawyer read through it and warn you of any fine print. Because the fact that they're content IDing the video, to me, sounds like a scam.

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Only take this offer if, and /only/ if, there is a legal contract involved formed between both parties. This take my word over email scheme happens too often, and in this situation the other channel has much more control over it than you. So I would recommend writing up a contract, or, if thats too daunting, I sometimes do what is called an Agreement Form, which is basically you writing out what each party must provide for mutual benefits. Set an end date, as well as any information you wish, I usually outline what happens if either party doesn't fulfill their end.
It may help, just be cautious with this one, okay?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
'we will return 100% of the revenue'

If they would really give you back 100% of the revenue they wouldn't content ID the video in the first place.

imJasonleo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
sounds sketchy, honestly, its someones else's content that you likely don't even need. I understand the need for exposure, but usually you would approach a bigger channel for music promotion. Either way, if you feel uncomfortable putting something on your channel its best to play it safe and not, especially when money is involved.