Annoying Audio Desyncs in Adobe Premiere

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro 2015 for a year now, but just a few days ago I've been having trouble with my mp4 files having the audio lag behind in Adobe. I'm not sure why it's happening now from day 1 I always got that notification that audio and visual clock out of sync when I played my video in the timeline, but the audio was never actually desynced until now.

It's a major problem now. All of my videos now have these issues. I've looked online to figure out how to fix the problem. Remaning the file type of my mp4s to mov or diff does not work, it just makes the file unstable and Adobe unable to read it. I tried handbrake and that does work, but it takes several minutes or more depending on the length of the video to encode one video and if you have multiple clips to use in your videos then this can triple or quintuple the time it takes to edit your videos. I want to make videos at a regular place. Is there anything I can do about these audio desyncs aside from Handbrake?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro 2015 for a year now, but just a few days ago I've been having trouble with my mp4 files having the audio lag behind in Adobe. I'm not sure why it's happening now from day 1 I always got that notification that audio and visual clock out of sync when I played my video in the timeline, but the audio was never actually desynced until now.

It's a major problem now. All of my videos now have these issues. I've looked online to figure out how to fix the problem. Remaning the file type of my mp4s to mov or diff does not work, it just makes the file unstable and Adobe unable to read it. I tried handbrake and that does work, but it takes several minutes or more depending on the length of the video to encode one video and if you have multiple clips to use in your videos then this can triple or quintuple the time it takes to edit your videos. I want to make videos at a regular place. Is there anything I can do about these audio desyncs aside from Handbrake?

Hi.

The only thing I can think of is frame rate. Make sure that the FPS of the recorded video (set in your screen recording software) matches the FPS that you choose in your export settings (in Adobe)

Weebster

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Adobe premiere hates variable frame rate with passion. If possible try to record with constant framerate, if not... well you figured that you can use handbrake (as far as I know handbrake is your only option if you record in variable frame rate) I had this problem several times (randomly ) with my facecam audio.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Adobe premiere hates variable frame rate with passion. If possible try to record with constant framerate, if not... well you figured that you can use handbrake (as far as I know handbrake is your only option if you record in variable frame rate) I had this problem several times (randomly ) with my facecam audio.
I remember the good old days of using Handbrake before I realized I needed to switch to CBR. Although the first time I tried it, the recording lagged so hard because of processor issues and I was afraid to do it. I'm not sure what else I messed with, but I got it working the second time and onward.

Reactions: Crown

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Offtopic:

"Shawn The Wonder"
you have seen nothing yet!
welcome to premiere :p

"an unknown error prevents from saving the project"

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do I record with constant framerate? I'm using logitech webcam and I don't see any options for that in the settings. My videos are recorded at 30 fps so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I remember the good old days of using Handbrake before I realized I needed to switch to CBR. Although the first time I tried it, the recording lagged so hard because of processor issues and I was afraid to do it. I'm not sure what else I messed with, but I got it working the second time and onward.
Is CBR for Windows? I looked it up real quick and I'm getting Mac suggestions. I need to do something though because using handbrake to encode every vid is time consuming.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you record with? For gaming, OBS and Xsplit are common and they just have a checkbox or drop down menu in the output sections allowing you to switch to CBR for constant bitrate. I think software in general will have it somewhere in whatever recording or output menu programs have.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you record with? For gaming, OBS and Xsplit are common and they just have a checkbox or drop down menu in the output sections allowing you to switch to CBR for constant bitrate. I think software in general will have it somewhere in whatever recording or output menu programs have.
I'm using the Logitech Webcam software. I do have OBS, but I don't think I can use webcams with it. I don't know. I never tried.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have also had this issue with GForce / Nvidia capture software. They had a variable capture rate that would desync my videos by 3-4 seconds. It was a nightmare to edit. I used Handbrake for the longest time and that worked, it was just another 30-40 minutes of re-render time for each capture.

Since then (knock on wood) "Share" the newer software has been solid with its syncing. I feel like I just jynxed myself.

I would suggest Handbrake, it worked great, just watch a tutorial on it and it should sync everything up.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm using the Logitech Webcam software. I do have OBS, but I don't think I can use webcams with it. I don't know. I never tried.
OBS lets you use webcams. I believe it's just one of the devices you can add and it's pretty open.