Annotations- Important!

elaine ewing

I've Got It
Reaction score
I am noticing since I've been visiting these boards that many of the Youtubers here are not using annotations. If you don't know what they are: they are clickable boxes within a video that allow viewers to click to subscribe, or to move on to your next video, or see the prior episode. Annotations are essential, and they are easy to make!
Go to your channel- click on your name (upper right) and a drop-down menu will appear.
Click on "My Videos" and then choose the drop down arrow next to "Edit" on the video that you want to work on.
Your video will open and you can choose where and when- within the video that you want linked boxes to pop in and out.
At the bottom at the page there is a link to learn more about annotation too.
It's important to use all the tools that Youtube gives you. Feel free to ask me for help if you want to make the most of your channel!

Reactions: Stef

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks! I'm trying to use annotations more in my video. I notice the difference they make.

Reactions: elaine ewing

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am noticing since I've been visiting these boards that many of the Youtubers here are not using annotations. If you don't know what they are: they are clickable boxes within a video that allow viewers to click to subscribe, or to move on to your next video, or see the prior episode. Annotations are essential, and they are easy to make!
Go to your channel- click on your name (upper right) and a drop-down menu will appear.
Click on "My Videos" and then choose the drop down arrow next to "Edit" on the video that you want to work on.
Your video will open and you can choose where and when- within the video that you want linked boxes to pop in and out.
At the bottom at the page there is a link to learn more about annotation too.
It's important to use all the tools that Youtube gives you. Feel free to ask me for help if you want to make the most of your channel!
Just for future reference please keep all promotional post content within the promo forums inside your own threads :)

elaine ewing

I've Got It
Reaction score
Just for future reference please keep all promotional post content within the promo forums inside your own threads :)
Not sure what you mean. Regardless of what I post about, if I also promote one of our shows within that post, it has to be moved to a promo forum? Sorry, not sure I understand.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes, annotations do help out a ton with increasing interactivity with your videos. They're a great tool to use.

appache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Helps keep viewers on you channel. definitely a must have.
We usually suggest two videos plus a link to the main channel page. We always have a recurring music also.

Reactions: elaine ewing