Short Film Animator(s) Needed!

If you want to have 3D in your video, unless it's meant to be floating around, you'll need a few things to make it look like it's in the actual scene.

1: an image of the sky and surroundings (You can use a reflective ball for this (Like a christmas ornament. HAS to be 100% reflective, no fancy things on it) take 2 pictures of the ball each one is on the opposite side from the previous one)

2: a solid shot with various points to track from the camera (8 or more points with at least 4 on the ground)

3: something as a placeholder (Like a big bouncyball or something similar (They used a greenscreen person for the main character to pet in place of a wolf in Twilight as an example)

Sources: 1.5 years in college, plus the bonus feature on one of the Twilight videos I was forced to watch one day

If you want to have 3D in your video, unless it's meant to be floating around, you'll need a few things to make it look like it's in the actual scene.

1: an image of the sky and surroundings (You can use a reflective ball for this (Like a christmas ornament. HAS to be 100% reflective, no fancy things on it) take 2 pictures of the ball each one is on the opposite side from the previous one)

2: a solid shot with various points to track from the camera (8 or more points with at least 4 on the ground)

3: something as a placeholder (Like a big bouncyball or something similar (They used a greenscreen person for the main character to pet in place of a wolf in Twilight as an example)

Sources: 1.5 years in college, plus the bonus feature on one of the Twilight videos I was forced to watch one day
Ok. So what if I was making this scene completely from scratch and from my imagination? What would I do?

Ok. So what if I was making this scene completely from scratch and from my imagination? What would I do?

So... from a 2D background? Or completely 3D? If it's completely 3D then you shouldn't have to worry. The only thing there is how much detail you want in your world. And making a 3D scene can be easy or hard depending on that amount of detail. Then there's rendering, and again depending on deatail, can take anywhere from a day to a month to render.

So... from a 2D background? Or completely 3D? If it's completely 3D then you shouldn't have to worry. The only thing there is how much detail you want in your world. And making a 3D scene can be easy or hard depending on that amount of detail. Then there's rendering, and again depending on deatail, can take anywhere from a day to a month to render.
I don't really know whether I should do 2D or 3D yet. I guess I should finish planning it first and then figure out which one would work better.

I recommend you finish your planning first.

Get storyboard going first, then a script. Do that before you start looking for animators. A well hatched plan will do much better than something done on impulse.

I think you should go for 3D :D

Here's a small render I did for dexter from dexters lab
attachment.php

simple animation that I did for a quick animation tryout youtube.com /awUWFAROENg

Back