Short Film Animator(s) Needed!

shemseddine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah sure I can as long as I get an idea of what you are wanting I think it's do-able :)

Christine JB

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah sure I can as long as I get an idea of what you are wanting I think it's do-able :)
I was thinking that maybe you could animate my minecraft character opening a chest and then my name flies out of the chest or something like that.

Daemon White

Your friendly neighbourhood Canadian!
Reaction score
If you want to have 3D in your video, unless it's meant to be floating around, you'll need a few things to make it look like it's in the actual scene.

1: an image of the sky and surroundings (You can use a reflective ball for this (Like a christmas ornament. HAS to be 100% reflective, no fancy things on it) take 2 pictures of the ball each one is on the opposite side from the previous one)

2: a solid shot with various points to track from the camera (8 or more points with at least 4 on the ground)

3: something as a placeholder (Like a big bouncyball or something similar (They used a greenscreen person for the main character to pet in place of a wolf in Twilight as an example)

Sources: 1.5 years in college, plus the bonus feature on one of the Twilight videos I was forced to watch one day

Sirkoin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I only animate in 2d so i think i can't help on this one!

Christine JB

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If you want to have 3D in your video, unless it's meant to be floating around, you'll need a few things to make it look like it's in the actual scene.

1: an image of the sky and surroundings (You can use a reflective ball for this (Like a christmas ornament. HAS to be 100% reflective, no fancy things on it) take 2 pictures of the ball each one is on the opposite side from the previous one)

2: a solid shot with various points to track from the camera (8 or more points with at least 4 on the ground)

3: something as a placeholder (Like a big bouncyball or something similar (They used a greenscreen person for the main character to pet in place of a wolf in Twilight as an example)

Sources: 1.5 years in college, plus the bonus feature on one of the Twilight videos I was forced to watch one day
Ok. So what if I was making this scene completely from scratch and from my imagination? What would I do?

Daemon White

Reaction score
Ok. So what if I was making this scene completely from scratch and from my imagination? What would I do?
So... from a 2D background? Or completely 3D? If it's completely 3D then you shouldn't have to worry. The only thing there is how much detail you want in your world. And making a 3D scene can be easy or hard depending on that amount of detail. Then there's rendering, and again depending on deatail, can take anywhere from a day to a month to render.

Christine JB

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So... from a 2D background? Or completely 3D? If it's completely 3D then you shouldn't have to worry. The only thing there is how much detail you want in your world. And making a 3D scene can be easy or hard depending on that amount of detail. Then there's rendering, and again depending on deatail, can take anywhere from a day to a month to render.
I don't really know whether I should do 2D or 3D yet. I guess I should finish planning it first and then figure out which one would work better.

Daemon White

Reaction score
I recommend you finish your planning first.

Get storyboard going first, then a script. Do that before you start looking for animators. A well hatched plan will do much better than something done on impulse.

sickmind33

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I was good at animating, I'd help

shemseddine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should go for 3D :D

Here's a small render I did for dexter from dexters lab

simple animation that I did for a quick animation tryout youtube.com /awUWFAROENg