Animation channels

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I am starting to notice after scavenging this forum and noticing how successful (specially on the start of their channel) simple black and white pencil drawings seem to be very successful on YouTube. Most involve telling a simple story and doing simple animations to illustrate what they are narrating. I am seriously considering doing this... funny thing is I gave up my animation bachelor ages ago because no one was ever willing to give me a job and here I am staring at it again...seeing how I mocks me and tells me to do a new YouTube channel. This is going to be my 3rd channel to try and be successful on YouTube. I need help! I am at a loss and cant make up my mind.

Currently I have a gaming channel
A puppet channel (only 7 subs so far but not rly promoting it)
And thinking of doing another one for animations...should I?
No I don't have the time to dedicate to it. I barely can pull off one but my urge to be successful kills me!

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
I do animations in my spare time and when i feel like it. I have around 5k subs. So i say do it. People will definitely inspire you to keep creating.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I would suggest you stick with whichever content you find the most joy in creating. I've been considering dabbling in storytime type of animation videos myself. I'm not too interested in how "easy" it seems (in fact, I personally find it difficult), but more so interested in sharing stories and personality in such a medium.

Reo Lazaro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If the technique interests you, you could have a think about ways to include it within your original channel. Whether it is giving a gaming summary or anecdote while what you are saying is animated out for the viewer. Something like that could be pretty cool. Have fun with it and experiment!

So I am starting to notice after scavenging this forum and noticing how successful (specially on the start of their channel) simple black and white pencil drawings seem to be very successful on YouTube. Most involve telling a simple story and doing simple animations to illustrate what they are narrating. I am seriously considering doing this... funny thing is I gave up my animation bachelor ages ago because no one was ever willing to give me a job and here I am staring at it again...seeing how I mocks me and tells me to do a new YouTube channel. This is going to be my 3rd channel to try and be successful on YouTube. I need help! I am at a loss and cant make up my mind.

Currently I have a gaming channel
A puppet channel (only 7 subs so far but not rly promoting it)
And thinking of doing another one for animations...should I?
No I don't have the time to dedicate to it. I barely can pull off one but my urge to be successful kills me![/QUO