Animated line charts... stocks etc

tobiasr

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I need to have animated line charts for stock prices in almost all my videos. While I have some template packages for Adobe Effects, they take 6 hours to render a line chart! That is clearly not working...

What are the alternatives?

What do other video producers use for showing animated line charts?

I need to show them both on a background (so they need to be transparent) and full screen....

There has to be some easy solutions!?

Reactions: Crown

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you can always produce them outside AE and import them in some acceptable form I guess.
Never worked with charts, never needed or asked but seems that are various ways to create one.

google.gr/search?q=animated+line+charts&oq=animated+line+charts

6 hrs of rendering is not really bad if you supply the program with huge files,
you just let it finish at night or you work in another compiter if you have available.
On the other hand, maybe you need an upgrade to your hardware as long as you use AE?
:)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi folks,

I need to have animated line charts for stock prices in almost all my videos. While I have some template packages for Adobe Effects, they take 6 hours to render a line chart! That is clearly not working...

What are the alternatives?

What do other video producers use for showing animated line charts?

I need to show them both on a background (so they need to be transparent) and full screen....

There has to be some easy solutions!?

The best way would be to open a demo trading account (no deposit needed) with a broker and then download their charting software. Configure the charts on the 1 minute view (1 minute per bar) which is the shortest timeframe often used for daytrading and then use a screen recorder to record the movement.

Can it be forex? If so, you can easily open a demo account with a broker called "XM" and then download their software called "MT4". that'll do the trick. Here's a screen shot of the USD against the Canadian dollar in "candle" format:

And the same chart in "line chart" format:

It is possible to change the background and colours and stuff. Let me know if you need any help. :)

Reactions: videoeditgr