Angry at Jukin Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
I didn't mean youtube remove them, my agreement with them said they would protect my copyright, and remove outside videos that infringe on my copyright. I had a couple companies contact me personally to set-up a licensing contract for my video, i forwarded them onto Jukin to finalize said contract but their lack of urgency to settle the contract lost them for me. The only one they actually locked in for me was one I had done most of the work with before finally forwarding it onto them.

All in all I was very displeased with their service and their lack of marketing/help. I really wish I could have went back and signed with no licensing company because I could have at least settled a couple licensing contracts faster, plus I wouldn't have been just giving money away.
My video was picked up by fail army through the Jukin Media database, which got the ball rolling on my video. So that helped a lot... That was the main contribution.

Reactions: K Braun

K Braun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah none of that happened for me i was contacted 100% outside of their services, but I am sure they enjoyed gaining views via having my video on their page. I truly hope being with them works out better for you but all they did was profit off of me...

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I didn't mean youtube remove them, my agreement with them said they would protect my copyright, and remove outside videos that infringe on my copyright. I had a couple companies contact me personally to set-up a licensing contract for my video, i forwarded them onto Jukin to finalize said contract but their lack of urgency to settle the contract lost them for me. The only one they actually locked in for me was one I had done most of the work with before finally forwarding it onto them.

All in all I was very displeased with their service and their lack of marketing/help. I really wish I could have went back and signed with no licensing company because I could have at least settled a couple licensing contracts faster, plus I wouldn't have been just giving money away.
This tells me they were deceiving you from the first.

As I thought I said but may have mis-stated; networks cannot protect your content by removing infringing videos, unless they are a part of the Content ID Program. They do not remove the videos themselves if they are; YouTube itself must do that via the Content ID Fingerprint Match System. Your network must have applied a "block or remove policy", plus every element in the submitted fingerprint must be unique.

This means if you are using Royalty Free Music, photographs, or footage, those assets must be exclusively licensed to you. Or you must have created everything used in your video; if there is music, you must have either composed it yourself, or created it via personal Sound Design. Any footage must in this second case be shot by yourself and or any collaborators. Any still images must have been shot by you, or created by you in a graphics program.

Most RF assets are non-exclusively licensed; meaning anyone who can pay the licensing fee can use them; and this is where the Content ID System is an utter failure.

It is full to the brim with non-exclusive content.

Was this network a member of the Content ID System, and furthermore do you own sole rights in all the content of the stolen videos? I am sorry you lost the contracts, and you are well out of this shoddy network; but I think there are some misunderstandings of just what a network can and cannot do going on here.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score

As I thought I said but may have mis-stated; networks cannot protect your content by removing infringing videos, unless they are a part of the Content ID Program. They do not remove the videos themselves if they are; YouTube itself must do that via the Content ID Fingerprint Match System. Your network must have applied a "block or remove policy", plus every element in the submitted fingerprint must be unique.

This means if you are using Royalty Free Music, photographs, or footage, those assets must be exclusively licensed to you. Or you must have created everything used in your video; if there is music, you must have either composed it yourself, or created it via personal Sound Design. Any footage must in this second case be shot by yourself and or any collaborators. Any still images must have been shot by you, or created by you in a graphics program.

Most RF assets are non-exclusively licensed; meaning anyone who can pay the licensing fee can use them; and this is where the Content ID System is an utter failure.

Was this network a member of the Content ID System, and furthermore do you own sole rights in all the content of the stolen videos? I am sorry you lost the contracts, and you are well out of this shoddy network; but I think there are some misunderstandings of just what a network can and cannot do going on here.
Jukin Media doesn't work as a network. It only licenses single videos that have potential to go viral.

K Braun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I am over it anyways I was just warning anyone who looks to sign up with them or any other network they will make outlandish promises and not fulfil half of what they promise. Plus I believe getting a contract signed and met without a middleman such as a network. Especially since they wait for companies to come to them anyway. I understand that companies sometimes go to their pages to scroll through and find videos but if your video is viral companies will find it without them. I made a rash decision at the time of signing with a licensing company. I had regrets since that day. But I am sure it has worked out better for others.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Jukin Media doesn't work as a network. It only licenses single videos that have potential to go viral.
Interesting.

But the Content ID parameters I just laid out still apply. If they were not in the Content ID system, there was no way they could remove any infringing videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1437414746,1437414440][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am over it anyways I was just warning anyone who looks to sign up with them or any other network they will make outlandish promises and not fulfil half of what they promise. Plus I believe getting a contract signed and met without a middleman such as a network. Especially since they wait for companies to come to them anyway. I understand that companies sometimes go to their pages to scroll through and find videos but if your video is viral companies will find it without them. I made a rash decision at the time of signing with a licensing company. I had regrets since that day. But I am sure it has worked out better for others.
I've never licensed videos, but some of my music has been picked up by a Royalty Free Music Library. I'm very happy with the contract terms I got, and they have always paid out on time, directly to my PayPal.

AKdragonfly

Reaction score
Figured I would share my experience with them. I had a video go viral a year ago like generating a million view in under 3 days and 2 million in under a week etc.. well i signed up with Jukin 18 hours after i posted the video when it reach 100k views. I had nothing but problems with them between them not protecting my copyright to where I was removing asll the stolen videos myself, to even losing me contracts because of how long it was taking them to respond.

I finally got fed up with them and their excuses and figured they made enough free money off me and canceled my contract with them. just a for warning they made my head hurt and temper soar.
[DOUBLEPOST=1522557089,1522557019][/DOUBLEPOST]

How did you cancel your contract? I am in a contract with Jukin and I want out.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@AKdragonfly

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is old (2015) Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by clicking on their username above their avatar.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread (less than 1 month old is recommended.)

Status
Not open for further replies.