Anger online

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
YouTube as any anonymous-type platform (other than Facebook which has actual profile pictures rather than usernames making contact much more real and therefor in check) can be a real snakepit. As in people just spewing their poison at you.
I remember way back around that 2008ish early period, when we were more human and all :rolleyes: ... I felt completely assaulted when I had a notification on a video and logged on all curious only to find the most emotional and disrespectful outburst at me, because I'd stated my opinion about some band.

YouTube is (often) definitely one of the outlets for frustration and anger. Have you grown desensitized from that now after about a decade of practice ?

Reactions: videoeditgr

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
well you are well protected on Youtube I think. You can block /or hide users comments if they serve no constructive purpose. That way only they see their comments which keeps them happy in their ignorance and your getting the last laugh. Or just let them write what ever they want as it shows engagement with your content which is very healthy for your channel. They obviously love you if they are giving your channel so much attention.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Damn it I hate angry people!! They make me want to :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Serious answer - Years ago, I probably took the bait and allowed my jimmies to be rustled, but not any more. As I get older, it's all just water off a duck's back to me. I just end up laughing at my screen when I see it. Most of the time, it's trolling and the rest of the time, it's frustrated people trying to "big it up" behind a cloak of anonymity.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Have you grown desensitized from that now after about a decade of practice ?
nope. I watch a lot of other people's videos and comments are usually either *ss kissing either people that have a "total truth" opinion on everything.

No middle ground.

:/

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yeah (most) people are growing not so much thicker skin but just flat out insensitive with regards to internet spite. I wonder how that will affect societies moving forward. People might just not take others as seriously as before, which I definitely believe is happening.

Freyal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think this is something prevalent across the internet, not just YouTube. I think we really see the worst of it when it comes to politics, really on any platform. I've seen people say some crazy things to each other on Facebook (like, on my friends list!) over politics!

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think this is something prevalent across the internet, not just YouTube. I think we really see the worst of it when it comes to politics, really on any platform. I've seen people say some crazy things to each other on Facebook (like, on my friends list!) over politics!
yeah but like I said Facebook is much more kept in check. But some of the stuff you can get on online forums is amazing. It's basically just someone yelling at you, because ...you're there. It's like that bully at school, he feels miserable as crap because his life at home is horrible and he just picks on the next kid who looks vulnerable enough. I've never been bullied myself, but I'm just sayin, the obvious parallel.

Reactions: Freyal