Analytics Help

Kspud

Reaction score
Hey guys..
i was looking through the youtube analytics page for my previous videos and decided to experiment.
I uploaded a video to my channel and kept it unlisted. Shared it with some of my UK friends and sure enough analytics said it was viewed in the UK. Next i got some to view it on their phone, in the UK it says viewed in UK.

Now the odd part is i have a friend whos from Poland but lives in Berlin. I got that friend to view the video on their phone and analytics said it was viewed in Poland. I was just curious as to how it works for Mobile Devices. Does YouTube base it on the phone number (as my friends number is a polish one) or is it based on the location of where it was viewed?

Thanks guys!

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Analytics are based on the geo-location of the IP address. Usually this is fairly accurate, but not always due to how internet connections can be proxies/routed.

Kspud

Reaction score
Analytics are based on the geo-location of the IP address. Usually this is fairly accurate, but not always due to how internet connections can be proxies/routed.
So its fair to say that my friend is back in Poland?
Okay thanks! :D