An idea to promote your videos, feedback needed.

greatbritishbg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Honest opinion:

RESTRICT THE AMOUNT OF VIDEOS SOMEONE CAN POST IN A MONTH PER CATEGORY.
I just posted 2 gaming videos straight up. Giving me an unfair advantage, I feel this to be kind of upsetting.

Also, With regards to category. Use the same categories as YouTube has and make the URL input allow it to grab that category (Rather than manually selecting).

Also I just watched a 20 minute video for 2 points... thats a bit extreme haha

Joofville

Funny Animations
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Honest opinion:

RESTRICT THE AMOUNT OF VIDEOS SOMEONE CAN POST IN A MONTH PER CATEGORY.
I just posted 2 gaming videos straight up. Giving me an unfair advantage, I feel this to be kind of upsetting.

Also, With regards to category. Use the same categories as YouTube has and make the URL input allow it to grab that category (Rather than manually selecting).

Also I just watched a 20 minute video for 2 points... thats a bit extreme haha
Hey man. Thanks for the input.

For the Beta, we're allowing users to submit a couple of videos per month, when we go live you'll only be able to submit 1.

I like your idea about pulling the category from YouTube, however there are many categories, wont it clog up the screen trying to show all of them? Also who's gonna watch a video under Gardening lol (for example) but I see where you are going.

greatbritishbg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey man. Thanks for the input.

For the Beta, we're allowing users to submit a couple of videos per month, when we go live you'll only be able to submit 1.

I like your idea about pulling the category from YouTube, however there are many categories, wont it clog up the screen trying to show all of them? Also who's gonna watch a video under Gardening lol (for example) but I see where you are going.
The reason I say for each of these categories is that it's good for SEO. Also if you strategies it you won't need to clog up the screen :p
If you need any web design help I'm always available :)

My current project is

Minepress.co.uk

Joofville

Funny Animations
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
The reason I say for each of these categories is that it's good for SEO. Also if you strategies it you won't need to clog up the screen :p
If you need any web design help I'm always available :)

My current project is

Minepress.co.uk
Point taken, We'll look into that. I like the idea of grabbing the category from YouTube.

greatbritishbg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Point taken, We'll look into that. I like the idea of grabbing the category from YouTube.
I still think 1 video per category is better too :p This along with the point I made about SEO means that the person cant forge the categories for more entries ;)