An idea to promote your videos, feedback needed.

Joofville

Funny Animations
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey Guys.

I work as a web developer by day and a mate and I were wondering if there would be any interest in a website that sort of does what YTTalk does when it comes to video of the month and more...

The idea would be that you register as a user then submit a Youtube video (we'd integrate into the YouTube API to verify your video), be it your own or a video that belongs to someone else per month. Once submitted you could vote for your video or any other video submitted for the particular month using points. Let's say you earn 3 points every time you submit a video and loose a point every time you vote on a video. You'd only be allowed to vote for one particular video once a day. So you could vote for three different videos after you make a submission. You could also earn a point for watching someone's video submission, once again we'd integrate using the YouTube API. (You'd also only earn one point per day for watching a particular video, repeat watching a video in the same day wont earn you any points).

At the end of the month, the video submission with the most points wins and gets displayed on the website's front page and pays out 2 points per watch per day for the following month.

This is the sort of idea we have as it should create a community and promote your videos amongst other users.

What do you guys think? Is this viable? Any suggestions etc?

FredIsGaming

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome idea, I would like to see a video of the month for each category (gaming, vlogging, ect) I would definitely sign up to a website like that :) awesome idea guys. Sounds like a lot of work but would be well worth it :)

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
i agree, especially if it splits up the catagories because i feel certain genres of vid get over shadowed by vloggs and gamers and such, so yeah id love to sign up if ya did it!
-joe

Musawar

YTtalk's Musician. :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I like the idea but it seems like an awful lot of work to initiate and maintain that sort of process. However if successful, it could be quite a nice addition.

Amy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's a great idea :D I'd sign up!

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I am also a developer and I was considering something similar. I even have a decent domain name if you are interested in collaborating.

NoclipGaming

Reaction score
I would suggest that it should be a way for non-video makers to vote, lets say you get a point per day to spend or something similar. That would drag more people to the site and not just the few that makes videos.

SteriousFilms

Sterious people making skits/ other random stuff
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would suggest that it should be a way for non-video makers to vote, lets say you get a point per day to spend or something similar. That would drag more people to the site and not just the few that makes videos.
I actually agree

Joofville

Funny Animations
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
@ViciousCtitic - Dude I'll get in touch with you to discuss further.

My mates already got a structure in place so we should have some sort of beta up soon it would be great to get guys and gals testing for better feedback. Will keep everyone whos intetested posted.[DOUBLEPOST=1353156326,1353155895][/DOUBLEPOST]More..
  1. Yes having normal visitors vote is a great idea, we'd still need to have them register an account so we can track their voting.
  2. I like the genres idea but I'd like to keep it to 3-5 genre's to start with. What would these genre's be? Gaming, Vlogging, Comedy, Music & Film & Animation (this sound good?)